Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day

Did you ever say what town or city that was? Anyway, it's cool that it has a familar feel to you. Glad I could take you home, if only through a photo!

Sorry I think I mentioned it in another topic that you posted on of those pics in. It's Pine Bluff, southeast of Little Rock.

Sorry I think I mentioned it in another topic that you posted on of those pics in. It's Pine Bluff, southeast of Little Rock.

My mistake, Rod, I do recall you saying it was Pine Bluff! And Pine Bluff really isn't too far from here, so I can see how the landscape in that photo would remind you of Pine Bluff.

Thanks for the compliments. It's a 5.3 megapixel camera, so it's definitely got potential. It just needs its operator to learn more about photography.

5.3? That's very nice! My Canon is a 5.0 megapixel, so your camera should be able to take some pictures quite a bit clearer than anything I've taken so far. :thumbsup:

5.3? That's very nice! My Canon is a 5.0 megapixel, so your camera should be able to take some pictures quite a bit clearer than anything I've taken so far. :thumbsup:

:lol: like I said... the operator needs to know more about photography! Seriously, if I had more skill with lighting and such, which I'm experimenting with, I think I would be capable of taking clearer photos.

One of my wife's friends from work has a 7.something megapixel camera and he takes the clearest, most perfect photos I've ever seen. He also is a very skilled photogapher, unlike myself. :)

:lol: like I said... the operator needs to know more about photography! Seriously, if I had more skill with lighting and such, which I'm experimenting with, I think I would be capable of taking clearer photos.

It's all about practice. :thumbsup: Just a couple of weeks ago I really had no idea what I was doing with lighting and things like that, but once you spend a few weekends out just experimenting with your camera, you learn quite a bit.

Not to take anything away from anyone's pics. But I would also like to say I have been very impressed with Canon's cameras. I got some great pics out of my old 3MP Canon as well. Just a suggestion if anyone is considering a new camera in the future.

Not to take anything away from anyone's pics. But I would also like to say I have been very impressed with Canon's cameras. I got some great pics out of my old 3MP Canon as well. Just a suggestion if anyone is considering a new camera in the future.

*raises hand*

I'm always looking. When I have some extra money to buy a new camera, I'm going to be looking at the Canons in particular. I've been impressed with the quality of the photos from the model that you and Nate both own.

*raises hand*

I'm always looking. When I have some extra money to buy a new camera, I'm going to be looking at the Canons in particular. I've been impressed with the quality of the photos from the model that you and Nate both own.

If you're not wanting to move up to a digital SLR, there's a new canon out. It's basically the upgraded version of the camera Nate and I have. It's the Canon S3 IS, 12X optical zoom, 6 MP. Not sure what price range you're looking at, but when you do seriously look at a new camera I'd really check that one out.

^Yea the S3 looks pretty nice. Looking at the price, you would probably end up spending at least 550 bucks on it not including things like batteries and memory cards. If you don't mind sacrificing a megapixel, the Powershot S2 IS, which is what Rod and I have, can be purchased for as low as $250 on Amazon.com, which is a serious bargain. :thumbsup:

I'm personally looking into a DSLR, and I'm pretty set on a Canon Digital Rebel model, though I'm looking at multiple Rebel models. I've got many things I need to spend my money on first, but I'm hoping to have a DSLR at this time next year.

^Yea the S3 looks pretty nice. Looking at the price, you would probably end up spending at least 550 bucks on it not including things like batteries and memory cards. If you don't mind sacrificing a megapixel, the Powershot S2 IS, which is what Rod and I have, can be purchased for as low as $250 on Amazon.com, which is a serious bargain. :thumbsup:

I'm personally looking into a DSLR, and I'm pretty set on a Canon Digital Rebel model, though I'm looking at multiple Rebel models. I've got many things I need to spend my money on first, but I'm hoping to have a DSLR at this time next year.

Yeah I'm really wanting to start thinking about a Digital Rebel XT. I certainly wouldn't mind one of the other Canon DSLR's but I think for the price that will be the one I'll have to settle for. I've also heard people say that a lot of times it's the lens that makes a big difference. You don't necessarily have to buy the most expensive frame. Just try to buy some of the better lenses and you'll do okay. Nate if both of us do this we'll also have to keep each other updated on lenses and such. :D

Yeah I'm really wanting to start thinking about a Digital Rebel XT. I certainly wouldn't mind one of the other Canon DSLR's but I think for the price that will be the one I'll have to settle for. I've also heard people say that a lot of times it's the lens that makes a big difference. You don't necessarily have to buy the most expensive frame. Just try to buy some of the better lenses and you'll do okay. Nate if both of us do this we'll also have to keep each other updated on lenses and such. :D

That's the one I'm looking into most too. I'm going to buy some parts, kits, and tires to upgrade my truck soon, which will set me back for awhile, and once Christmas rolls around, I'm normally always drained money-wise. I'm hoping to seriously start looking into them in 9 months or so, and actually buying one within 12-13 months. And if we end up both getting Rebel's we'll definately have to keep each other updated on lenses and accessories, just like we do now with the S2's.

That's the one I'm looking into most too. I'm going to buy some parts, kits, and tires to upgrade my truck soon, which will set me back for awhile, and once Christmas rolls around, I'm normally always drained money-wise. I'm hoping to seriously start looking into them in 9 months or so, and actually buying one within 12-13 months. And if we end up both getting Rebel's we'll definately have to keep each other updated on lenses and accessories, just like we do now with the S2's.

Yeah especially since there's more stuff to buy for a Rebel XT compared to the S2.

June 11, 2006 contribution

Photoshop manipulation of Shreveport's skyline

I did this last night and it came out okay, so I figured I'd post it. I'm not finished messing around with it, though, but here's what I have so far...

155158847.jpg

Looking at the picture again, I think the riverfront area and the bridge look really cool, almost like you drew them by hand.

Shreveport, UAE... next to Dubai. Unfortunately that shadow on the right side of the photo is the sun being blocked out by Dubai's skyline. :P

Haha, I think all the cranes would be the things blocking the sun out. Sometimes it seems like they've got more cranes than they do buildings! :P

June 14, 2006 contribution

New water tower under construction between Bossier City and Benton along La. Hwy. 3 near Cash Point Landing and the Red River...

At the time this photo was taken, the actual tank was on the bottom (2 weeks ago,) but as of this past weekend, it's now in place at the top of the tower where it belongs.

153220398.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

That Rebel XT DSLR is very nice. If you guys are considering a new camera, DSLR is the way to go. I have the Minolta Maxxum 5D SLR and I love it. All the pics I post to the board were taken with my Minolta. If you guys are shopping, also take a look at the Nikon D50 SLR Camera. Pound for pound, this is one of the best cameras on the market ease of use and cost.