Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day

I drive through downtown every morning at about 5:00am.. I have seen some pretty crazy things let me tell you!!!! I've seen people urinating on buildings leaving clubs.. I saw the accident scene the other day.. I've even seen a crime scene over near that one club I cant think of the name.. well there were people standing around some yellow tape a lot of police and a white sheet on the ground.. I don't want to know what was underneath... I've seen a crazy bag lady jump out in front of me on the bridge going across bayou.. she scared the crap out of me..

we have some party animals here :yahoo:

Man, I had no idea you went to work so early. Geez, count me out!! :lol: Do you work downtown, or outside of downtown?

Anyway, I can imagine the things one might see downtown between the hours of 12-6 am.

Man, I had no idea you went to work so early. Geez, count me out!! :lol: Do you work downtown, or outside of downtown?

Anyway, I can imagine the things one might see downtown between the hours of 12-6 am.

right outside of downtown when you cross the bayou.. I work at Southland Printing.. cant miss it.. big green warehouses n such.. we are between north market and airport drive.

right outside of downtown when you cross the bayou.. I work at Southland Printing.. cant miss it.. big green warehouses n such.. we are between north market and airport drive.

Oh, okay! I didn't expect you to say where you worked, but I'm very familiar with that place. They've done a great deal of expansion and beautification over the years. That's a great business, and I see you guys' work every time I park my car at an airport. :D

Oh, okay! I didn't expect you to say where you worked, but I'm very familiar with that place. They've done a great deal of expansion and beautification over the years. That's a great business, and I see you guys' work every time I park my car at an airport. :D

man we make parking tickets for 9 out of 10 parking garages.. heck we even pring tickets for companies in KUWAIT! some of our biggest jobs are for the Long Island railroad and SEPTA south eastern penn transit authority.. we just got done with NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE tickets.. yeah... when I tell people we print parking tickets they think I'm talking about tickets that cops use.... spitter tickets hang tags mag strip you name it we make it!

man we make parking tickets for 9 out of 10 parking garages.. heck we even pring tickets for companies in KUWAIT! some of our biggest jobs are for the Long Island railroad and SEPTA south eastern penn transit authority.. we just got done with NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE tickets.. yeah... when I tell people we print parking tickets they think I'm talking about tickets that cops use.... spitter tickets hang tags mag strip you name it we make it!

Woob, I've noticed that the parking garage for the Beverly Center in Beverly Hills uses tickets from your company. It has Shreveport, LA printed on the bottom. Very cool!

Brian and Woob - you two always do a great job of keeping us updated with photos of SBC, but this weekend it's my turn! I have all day Friday to roam the city. Usually I don't have any extra time b/c it's just a quick in and out weekend trip, but my dad is lending me his corvette and I have my camera!! :yahoo: I won't be able to post the photos until I'm back in LA early next week... but they're coming. Happy holidays to you all.

Brian and Woob - you two always do a great job of keeping us updated with photos of SBC, but this weekend it's my turn! I have all day Friday to roam the city. Usually I don't have any extra time b/c it's just a quick in and out weekend trip, but my dad is lending me his corvette and I have my camera!! :yahoo: I won't be able to post the photos until I'm back in LA early next week... but they're coming. Happy holidays to you all.

Holy crap, your dad's letting you use his Vette? Too cool, man. :D

I hope you're able to get some good photos, and whenever I'm able to catch up with you today I'll have my camera as well... of course.

Got a chance to meet up with fridayinla (Stephen) earlier this afternoon at the Boardwalk. Pretty cool guy, and a real visionary for sure!

Anyway, as I walked around the Boardwalk I snapped off a few photos trying out my new circular polarizer and lens hood.

Here's a shot I snapped of the Meatballs/Ten Pinz mascot as he tried to entice people over to their property...

330383263_b77b2cd22e.jpg

Got a chance to meet up with fridayinla (Stephen) earlier this afternoon at the Boardwalk. Pretty cool guy, and a real visionary for sure!

Anyway, as I walked around the Boardwalk I snapped off a few photos trying out my new circular polarizer and lens hood.

Here's a shot I snapped of the Meatballs/Ten Pinz mascot as he tried to entice people over to their property...

330383263_b77b2cd22e.jpg

Hi gentlemen-glad you got to meet. Say, Mr. Meatball is one cool dude. I would like a mini-sized MrM for my dash. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all and a very happy New Year. Hugh Riverrat

Hi gentlemen-glad you got to meet. Say, Mr. Meatball is one cool dude. I would like a mini-sized MrM for my dash. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all and a very happy New Year. Hugh Riverrat

Hah! Yeah, he'd make a cool dashboard ornament wouldn't he? I thought he looked pretty cool, so I HAD to snap a shot of him! :D

Oh, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well, buddy!!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Oh yeah, there's tons more. In Louisiana, the "New Orleans" style is simply what every other city and/or development wants to replicate.

I've always thought that was really a sign of how much New Orleans offers. It is one of the most crime ridden, poverty stricken, and corrupt cities in the country, yet at the same time, it offers so many things that it seems like every other city in the U.S. would love to have, in some sense.

I've always thought that was really a sign of how much New Orleans offers. It is one of the most crime ridden, poverty stricken, and corrupt cities in the country, yet at the same time, it offers so many things that it seems like every other city in the U.S. would love to have, in some sense.

That's why I've argued with lots of people about New Orleans' future. Regardless of what some may think of it, it's a national treasure and we can't stand to lose it.

NOLA just needs to continue to promote itself as a tourist haven. Canal Street is a jewel IMO. Crime is a serious problem. I get alot of bad vibes when I'm down there..."more spiritual" I guess. Alot of foolishness going on too. But I am proud to have New Orleans in Louisiana. It's always kinda been like BR's big brother when I was a little kid. I hate to see people having to leave for better opportunities. I still hope the bold Jazz District happens with Trump Tower. A medical corridor district keeping to doctors would really help too.

Get Jindal in office and use the new offshore $royalties to make some great flood-control system. Divert more silt down in lower Plaquemines parish to build up more buffer for future storm surges. And great flood wall protection (Netherlands) around the Lake Bourgne area. Then the people would feel more secure in the area.

Edited by richyb83

I hate to see people having to leave for better opportunities.

Same here, Richy. But you know, this is a problem that the entire state of Louisiana is dealing with, and has been dealing with for decades now. It seems like Texas draws many of our best workers and smartest people away, and that is far from just New Orleans. New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria, everywhere. We're just getting sucked dry by states that have money, good leadership, and as a result, better opportunities. At one point, Louisiana was to other states what Texas is to us today. In Louisiana you found lots of jobs, money, leadership, and opportunity. Especially in New Orleans, which was the place to be back in the 1800's and early 1900's. Baton Rouge and Shreveport also saw similar growth at points during their history. Hopefully we will one day get back to that level as a state, but it won't happen under a governor like Blanco.

Same here, Richy. But you know, this is a problem that the entire state of Louisiana is dealing with, and has been dealing with for decades now. It seems like Texas draws many of our best workers and smartest people away, and that is far from just New Orleans. New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria, everywhere. We're just getting sucked dry by states that have money, good leadership, and as a result, better opportunities. At one point, Louisiana was to other states what Texas is to us today. In Louisiana you found lots of jobs, money, leadership, and opportunity. Especially in New Orleans, which was the place to be back in the 1800's and early 1900's. Baton Rouge and Shreveport also saw similar growth at points during their history. Hopefully we will one day get back to that level as a state, but it won't happen under a governor like Blanco.

Jindal all the way, bay-bee!!

I still have all my Jindal campaign signs and stickers from the last gubernatorial election. :)