Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day

A collection of photos from the High School Musical arena performance at CenturyTel Center earlier this month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artiststarvin...57594423933388/

These are not my photos. They belong to Marc Blackwell, a photographer brought along by the High School Musical tour to create a collection of photos from major stops along the way.

Here are some of my Christmas light shots from tonight. It was raining out, and I didn't have my weatherproofing for my camera with me, so I had to just stay in the car and shoot these hand-held. Got my settings down and I think I did pretty good for not having a tripod and being as shaky as I am.

These were taken at the Bossier City Municipal Complex on Benton Road.

332464632_ae0fffe7f9_b.jpg

332464629_633d32b8ae_b.jpg

332464628_40b841bdde_b.jpg

The new Starbucks at Line & Pierremont in Shreveport:

216374649.jpg

Sorry for the blurry shot, I snapped it quickly one evening. This is a very nice location! One of the baristas told me that in addition to live bands, poetry readings, etc, they plan to exhibit the work of local artists along all the walls.

Very cool, Stephen, I'm glad you were able to get by there. And yes, that is a VERY nice location. Hard to believe the building that it and Guiseppe are in used to be a Michael's Arts & Crafts store, isn't it? :lol:

Here's an entirely hand-held shot I took this evening of the Shreveport riverfront. This is before I broke out the monopod, and it actually turned out better than most of the shots I got while using the monopod!

1/15 second @ f/5.6, ISO 1600, 55mm focal length

334754946_e1e9dbbb85_b.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Here's an entirely hand-held shot I took this evening of the Shreveport riverfront. This is before I broke out the monopod, and it actually turned out better than most of the shots I got while using the monopod!

that looks better than mine when theyre taken on a tripod :P

that looks better than mine when theyre taken on a tripod :P

No way, dude, you take some really good photos! You should be patting yourself on the back, for sure.

I ordered a new piece of glass today! I ordered the Canon 50mm f/1.8 II. Google that bad boy and check out some of the photos taken with it. For just under $100 including the lens hood AND shipping, it's an amazing value.

No way, dude, you take some really good photos! You should be patting yourself on the back, for sure.

I ordered a new piece of glass today! I ordered the Canon 50mm f/1.8 II. Google that bad boy and check out some of the photos taken with it. For just under $100 including the lens hood AND shipping, it's an amazing value.

ohhh Sounds awesome.. be sure to post pics soon!

ohhh Sounds awesome.. be sure to post pics soon!

I sure will! I'm hoping to get it on Saturday, because if I don't it'll likely be Tuesday before I get it. And I want it NOW.

By the way, you should post your North Market photo here. I was invited some time ago to take photos from the roof of that building (Morgan Keegan) but haven't yet done so.

I sure will! I'm hoping to get it on Saturday, because if I don't it'll likely be Tuesday before I get it. And I want it NOW.

By the way, you should post your North Market photo here. I was invited some time ago to take photos from the roof of that building (Morgan Keegan) but haven't yet done so.

there are some awesome views of downtown from that building.. I couldnt get away from the party to do it though :cry: I have like 2 crappy pictures shot through some blinds :thumbsup:

there are some awesome views of downtown from that building.. I couldnt get away from the party to do it though :cry: I have like 2 crappy pictures shot through some blinds :thumbsup:

:lol:

Well I found out today that the guy who can get me up on that building is in the hospital. :wacko: I'd actually like to go up there soon, but I don't know. I hope he's okay, not just for myself but for him and his family as well.

I keep hearing so much about fog all over the place but we haven't been having any at all up here. I would like to try some fog pics sometime.

That's weird. Yep, it's VERY foggy here again. But it happens a lot. And out here where I live, there is swampy Lake Bistineau which would make for some awesome "fog" photos.

I hope you get some fog to take pictures of.

That's weird. Yep, it's VERY foggy here again. But it happens a lot. And out here where I live, there is swampy Lake Bistineau which would make for some awesome "fog" photos.

another great fog this morning! I got up at 5am made my way to Cross lake to watch the sun come up and on the way home I stopped by my favorite thing to shoot... The Texas Street bridge... the Red river is quite high and flowing hard... it's foaming!

If I had my camera's ISO setting that high it would look like CRAP!! lol thats what I get for getting a cheap camera! I think when I get a new camera eventually it's gonna either be a CANON markII or a NIKON D200

True, up here in the Ozarks we don't have too much swampy land or for that much standing water.

If I had my camera's ISO setting that high it would look like CRAP!! lol thats what I get for getting a cheap camera! I think when I get a new camera eventually it's gonna either be a CANON markII or a NIKON D200

Hmm...the Canon Mark II doesn't sound familiar. I'll have to check up on that one.

another great fog this morning! I got up at 5am made my way to Cross lake to watch the sun come up and on the way home I stopped by my favorite thing to shoot... The Texas Street bridge... the Red river is quite high and flowing hard... it's foaming!

Well, you beat me to it. I had the alarm set for 5am. My wife woke me up. I stirred a bit, and fell back asleep. At 5:30am, she woke me up again, I stirred, and fell bacl asleep. I repeated this at 6am, but finally just fell back asleep. I woke up at 11:45. I slept for 13 hours!!! I don't think I've EVER done that in my life. lol

I'll try for tomorrow... :wacko: I just hope it's supposed to be foggy tomorrow morning.

Hmm...the Canon Mark II doesn't sound familiar. I'll have to check up on that one.

There are two Canon 'Mark IIs.' You have the Canon 1D Mk II (now referred to as the 1Dinosaur) and the Canon 1Ds Mk II, which is an $8,000 camera which is a full-frame camera, meaning it doesn't have the 1.6x crop factor that I've come to love with my Rebel XT. But once you get used to the full-frame setup, I'm sure it's quite nice.

The Canon 1Ds Mk II is truly a professional camera, no doubt about it. Many of the world's top professionals use this camera.

There are two Canon 'Mark IIs.' You have the Canon 1D Mk II (now referred to as the 1Dinosaur) and the Canon 1Ds Mk II, which is an $8,000 camera which is a full-frame camera, meaning it doesn't have the 1.6x crop factor that I've come to love with my Rebel XT. But once you get used to the full-frame setup, I'm sure it's quite nice.

The Canon 1Ds Mk II is truly a professional camera, no doubt about it. Many of the world's top professionals use this camera.

Ah, yeah I recognize it as the 1D. Guess I just never saw the Mark II at the end of it. Wow woob, do you really think you're going to possibly get that camera? I'll never have to worry about that decision. :lol: