dimebag1980

Shreveport-Bossier City Photo of the Day

GREAT Photos! I have to say Brian, you're photography is getting better and better. You definitely have an eye for beautiful shots. I like the one of downtown with the train carsin the foreground. On your photostream there's an Asian "garden" you have several photos of, where is that? Is it new? I like it! :thumbsup:

BTW, Houston's skyline REEKS of 80s moderism!

GREAT Photos! I have to say Brian, you're photography is getting better and better. You definitely have an eye for beautiful shots. I like the one of downtown with the train carsin the foreground. On your photostream there's an Asian "garden" you have several photos of, where is that? Is it new? I like it! :thumbsup:

BTW, Houston's skyline REEKS of 80s moderism!

Thanks, man, I appreciate the compliments.

The Asian garden area is actually right next to the Munucipal Auditorium, and directly across the street from the old Creswell Hotel. It's just outisde of the West Egde district.

^ I had replied on La. Photo of your nice shots. I like the compact urban core of Shreveport. Your shots sure capture that. I really like the cemetary with the skyline in the background. I like the urban grit too.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! I'm a comment wh0re, so keep 'em coming!! ;) lol

Here are some of the photos I took tonight. Feel free to click the link at the bottom of my post to view the rest of my photos on Flickr...

374035089_1c34b92acd_b.jpg

374032012_c504d25b59_b.jpg

374020813_b5c771f342_b.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

^^Somehow I missed this post. That's the site of the new parking structure? Any idea how long construction will take?

Yep, that's what it is. I haven't heard much about it so I don't know. My guess would be 6-12 months.

Photos of the day... ;)

A few from yesterday's African-American History Parade in downtown Shreveport.

379879343_dd9b86afc3_b.jpg

379880254_837503d9f0_b.jpg

379880760_02a31a51fc_b.jpg

379881745_2d5767bd4c_b.jpg

379882648_1cf41602b7_b.jpg

379882155_c309335dce_b.jpg

379876883_0775e8bc36_b.jpg

379874112_40f1878bfb_b.jpg

379875528_cc1826fb1b_b.jpg

379875020_6c5be7c971_b.jpg

378916422_828f56b4aa_b.jpg

No, this isn't me. ;) This is a Shreveport-based photographer I met at the parade named "Wild J. Brown."

378890381_d0455db532_b.jpg

These are terrific photos, very well done. Color and rez are striking, good composition. (Glancing over at ancient analog Sony cam in corner. High time for upgrading equipment.)

These are terrific photos, very well done. Color and rez are striking, good composition. (Glancing over at ancient analog Sony cam in corner. High time for upgrading equipment.)

Thanks, warcover! :)

If you're talking most specifically about this last set, I have to admit that Photoshop was used to enhance the colors. But that's the age of digital photography for you. ;)

My camera and my lenses are great, and I do have a few thousand dollars invested in them now, but they're still not THAT great! lol

Not sure if I ever posted any of these before.

I finally found my old stash of photos from my point-and-shoot days. :)

My favorite downtown viewpoint ever... my wife took this about a year, to a year and a half, ago.

131288935.jpg

And my favorite Shreveport riverfront viewpoint, snapshot courtesy of me.

93701121.jpg

Wow Brian, I'm glad you found your old stash. I really like those two shots alot! I like the compact urban core on the bottom pic and greenspace along the riverfront; I like the placement of the buildings in the CBD in the aerial. Baton Rouge sure could learn from Shreveport.

Edited by richyb83

Today's SBC Photo of the Day comes from the Krewe of Gemini parade, Saturday, 2-17-2007

394900099_4bfadfd47c_b.jpg

love the colors in that one!

love the colors in that one!

Thanks, buddy! Not too bad for being a flash shot, I'd say.

You've got some great photos you need to start sharing in this thread as well!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Brian,

I've not been on in awhile, so I had a lot to catch up on in the picture category! Thanks for all of the posts.

BTW...I love the ones of the older buildings that are so familiar to me! It makes my heart ache for Shreveport!! :cry:

Brian,

I've not been on in awhile, so I had a lot to catch up on in the picture category! Thanks for all of the posts.

BTW...I love the ones of the older buildings that are so familiar to me! It makes my heart ache for Shreveport!! :cry:

Thanks, Cindy! :) I actually had noticed you hadn't been around. I appreciate the compliment!

Here's my photo for today. It's a statue of a pipefitter in the oil industry, located on the sidewalk in front of Petroleum Tower in downtown Shreveport.

402738728_ca43840a49_b.jpg

The photographers at The Times have just started a new photo blog. Check it out.

http://bigpictureshreveport.blogspot.com

Awesome! Man, I really wish you would post in this photos forum sometime. ;) I sometimes feel like it's my own personal thread.

By the way, which Times photog are you, if you're willing to give your identity?

Have you guys stopped taking picture?

147643278-L.jpg

I haven't taken a photo of Shreveport-Bossier in a while. Bored with it. I still take too many photos, just not many of the cities.

Nice Boardwalk shot. Is this new or old?

I haven't taken a photo of Shreveport-Bossier in a while. Bored with it. I still take too many photos, just not many of the cities.

Nice Boardwalk shot. Is this new or old?

Brian, has there been any construction progress on Villagio or Regal Court worth noting or photographing?