Harris Teeter

Creasy336

Alamance County is saturated with Food Lions. (I believe around 10) People in Alamance County love Harris Teeter and the store in west Burlington is always busy. Its the only shooping center my mother will shop at. Lowes Foods are okay but most of them are in the former Byrds buildings throughout the county. I think the voids left by Winn-Dixie would be perfect for Harris Teeter especially the mebane oaks road location. I believe they overlook the county especially with a recent announcement of their 2nd Carrboro location.

Here is a map of the food lion locations in the county.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you the former Winn Dixie across the current Harris Teeter will become the new Harris Teeter. Also, at Macintosh on the Lake, the shopping center there will probably feature a Harris Teeter. I can tell you that neither of the other 3 vacant Winn Dixie stores (Graham, Haw River and Mebane) will not become Harris Teeter stores, the demographic just doesn't fit.

Does Burlington have any Lowes Foods? The only ones i found were in Mebane and Graham... Ironic because I thought Byrds was *Based* in Burlington. Lowesfoods.com doesn't list any stores for Burlington either!!

So with that, here's my map.

alamancegrocers4gg.th.jpg

Link:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1698/al...egrocers4gg.jpg

edit: and the Bi-lo should be Southern Family Markets, I just don't have a logo for them yet.

I can tell you the former Winn Dixie across the current Harris Teeter will become the new Harris Teeter. Also, at Macintosh on the Lake, the shopping center there will probably feature a Harris Teeter. I can tell you that neither of the other 3 vacant Winn Dixie stores (Graham, Haw River and Mebane) will not become Harris Teeter stores, the demographic just doesn't fit.

Does Burlington have any Lowes Foods? The only ones i found were in Mebane and Graham... Ironic because I thought Byrds was *Based* in Burlington. Lowesfoods.com doesn't list any stores for Burlington either!!

So with that, here's my map.

alamancegrocers4gg.th.jpg

Link:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1698/al...egrocers4gg.jpg

edit: and the Bi-lo should be Southern Family Markets, I just don't have a logo for them yet.

Yeah I already knew about that one. Eventhough its only about 3 blocks away its a larger location and has better visability. I believe the Mebane demographic does fit as it increasing becomes a suburb of the Triad and paces growth in Alamance county. The Graham Location though not in the best neighborhood isn't far from south Graham which is a becoming one of the better spots in the county with the Hanford Hills neighborhood and Rogers Road area springing up new homes. The shopping center is also located on a very busy section of S. Main Street just off the interstate. The whole shopping center would need to be remodeled though. The Haw River site absolutely does not fit but Southern Family Markets or Kroger would fit nicely. Lowes Foods pulled out of Burlington because most of their locations were former Byrds Locations which weren't in great locations. The Graham, Gibsonville, and Mebane Locations were all former Byrds. Lowes Foods is coming to a new shopping center at the corner of University Drive and South Church Street. Yes Byrds was based in Burlington across the street from BMOC. The site currently houses some LabCorp operations.

If Harris Teeters were to come to Alamance (besides Mackintosh on the Lake) I would expect them to come to North Mebane adjacent to the Mill Creek Subdivision. Somewhere in Elon. and maybe down Alamance Road when the southern loop is constructed.

• 2 months later...

I saw that the new Harris Teeter on S Church St in Burlington opened where the Winn Dixie had been. I had my camera with me, so took a few shots. It is really nice inside, reminding me somewhat of the Harris Teeter on Friendly in Greensboro, though smaller of course. It is a nice addition to that particular shopping center. The old Harris Teeter location now looks tired and faded. I hope something interesting moves in where Harris teeter was across the street.

NEWHARRISTEETER2ILCNCH.jpg

NEWHARRISTEETER1ILCNCH.jpg

Hey, IlovecallingNChome, can I use that photo for my grocerying blog? I'd give you 100% credit of course. Thanks :)

btw- HT is trying to lease out their old store across the street to a non-grocery store.

That would be ok with me for you to use the pictures, thanks for asking first. Glad to know that HT is trying to get someone in the old building. I'd be interested as to what if you hear anything about what it might become.

HT is an upscale supermarket in comparison to Food Lion. Hearing from other posts that there are 9-10 Food Lions and 1 HT in Burlington, probably means that HT believes the city does not hold many households make a lot of money so it is not profitable to invest in any additional stores. You see more HT's in Charlotte and urban northern Virginia because peoplemake more money thus can afford higher prices at HT.

I would probably still shop at Food Lion or Wal-Mart for groceries if I lived in those areas lol.

HT is an upscale supermarket in comparison to Food Lion. Hearing from other posts that there are 9-10 Food Lions and 1 HT in Burlington, probably means that HT believes the city does not hold many households make a lot of money so it is not profitable to invest in any additional stores. You see more HT's in Charlotte and urban northern Virginia because peoplemake more money thus can afford higher prices at HT.

HT is an upscale supermarket in comparison to Food Lion. Hearing from other posts that there are 9-10 Food Lions and 1 HT in Burlington,
I think it would be more accurate (given the information at the food lion web page and what I know of the area), to say there are 9-10 Food Lions in Alamance County. In Burlington alone, there are only 5. There is one in the Stoney Creek Area (Whitsett-which is in Eastern Guilford County actually), two in Mebane(and Mebane is in both Alamance and Orange Counties), one in Haw River and one other in Graham.

Given that, I enjoy going to Harris Teeter occassionally-but I know my food budget goes a lot further if I go to Food Lion, Wal-Mart and SAMs (in Greensboro).

This new Harris Teeter was quite busy yesterday..Im sure from curious people wanting a look like me. We took a lot of time walking up and down aisles looking at some of the new things that they had to offer...wondering how long some of them would be offered in this market ...

Oh and there is also a Starbucks in this Harris Teeter. Interesting.

No surprise at the starbucks... it's HT's new protoype. I try to variate my shopping... HT usually when there's a sale or need something quick.. or triple cupons

And again, as far as I know and could have counted, there are only 6 Food Lion stores in Alamance County.. the one in Mebane seems to be on the Orange County side. Only 2 Lowes Foods, Graham and Mebane (Gibsonivlle's is in Guilford)... and one Southern Family Markets, One HT, one Super K Center and 2 Super Wal-Marts.

This was the information from the FL site where I got my info:

Food Lion Store 0699

1780 West Webb Ave., Burlington, NC, 27215

Food Lion Store 0465

3535 S. Church St., Burlington, NC, 27215

Food Lion Store 1200

414 Harden Street, Burlington, NC, 27215

Food Lion Store 1078

2208 North Church St., Burlington, NC, 27217

Food Lion Store 0894

2660 Ramada Road, Burlington, NC, 27215

Food Lion Store 0591

921 S. Main St., Graham, NC, 27253

Food Lion Store 2590

601 N. First Street, Mebane, NC, 27302

Food Lion Store 0848

Nc 119 & Sr 1980, Mebane, NC, 27302

Food Lion Store 2113

1125 Roxboro Street, Haw River, NC, 27258

Which falls in line with what I said above

I think it would be more accurate (given the information at the food lion web page and what I know of the area), to say there are 9-10 Food Lions in Alamance County. In Burlington alone, there are only 5. There is one in the Stoney Creek Area (Whitsett-which is in Eastern Guilford County actually), two in Mebane(and Mebane is in both Alamance and Orange Counties), one in Haw River and one other in Graham.

And given where I live-I included the one in Stoney Creek-even though it is in Guilford...because it still probably services some folk in AC

Both Mebane Food Lions are in Alamance though the one at 119 and Stagecoach Rd is almost in Orange. and there are 3 Super Wal-Marts in Alamance County now (West Burlington, East Burlington, and Mebane). The Food Lion in Haw River was built with hopes of serving the Green Level community. Going off topic there is a new bargain shopping center coming to Alamance County in Mebane (As if we need anymore) by the name of Boxcar Foods which will include either a Ryans or Golden Corral. The Location will be at the former Winn-Dixie store. They seem optimistic they can compete with Wal-Mart with all the future subdivisions and apartments announced in the immediate area. I doubt this but I'll wait and see.

The only place i can see Harris Teeter coming to in the Alamance County area would be a small to medium size store near the Mill Creek Subdivision expansion in Mebane (on the orange county side ) and Possibly Extreme South Graham if that area continues to develop. Eastern Guilford could get a Harris Teeter location as it develops since Food Lion and Lowes Foods already have locations there. When a company such as Harris Teeter looks at an areas demographics do they look at the Zip Codes avg income etc...

Archived