Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RestedTraveler

Upstate Advertising Agencies

13 posts in this topic

I'll start this topic off with some rather unexpected (to me at least) and shocking news.

Henderson Advertising is ceasing operations effective yesterday. :shok:

FULL STORY

This is a shock! The story doesn't give much detail.....wonder what happened. Didn't Henderson used to occupy both the buildings in the complex on 385? They withered down to one this past year as JHM Hotels offices moved into the other. Hmmm..... Did the employees have any notice?

There is definitely more to the story, but I am not at liberty to disclose any details. Let's just say it was totally inevitable. :ph34r:

Now regarding the topic of advertising agencies in Greenville, I offer this website:

The Greenville Ad Club

Enjoy! ;)

sad to hear. henderson used to be quite a big player in the ad business. :(

That's great news for Henderson's former employees.

Henderson was the firm that 'invented' the Tiger Paw symbol for Clemson in the early 70's. Maybe their most memorable legacy?

Greenville-based IMI Resort Marketing won a national Gold Addy Award for a recent brochure promoting a Caribbean resort. :shades::yahoo:

Erwin-Penland won a national Silver Addy Award for a seat banner created to honor Rosa Parks in GTA buses. If anyone has a picture, please show it to us. This sounds rather intriguing. :D

The now-defunct Henderson Advertising actually did win a national Silver Addy for its post-Katrina American Red Cross "Under Water" campaign. :D

Thanks, breed. That was a clever way to convey a good message.

The Trone ad agency of High Point, NC, will hire many of the employees formerly with Henderson. They will locate a new office in Greenville. :shades:

Article in The Greenville News

I believe their offices are going to be located in the Old Cotton Warehouse building on Rhett Street.