CSI Miami: Most watched show worldwide!

Southernyank

"'CSI: Miami'" is a ratings smash from Berlin to Bogota, from Paris to Pretoria. Outside the United States, 'CSI: Miami' tops 'Lost,' 'Desperate Housewives' and even the original 'CSI' to rank as the most-watched U.S. series around the world."

What do you guys think? Surprising to anyone or not. What is it about Miami based dramas that allure the world? Lets think back to the "Vice" days. :)

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....CSIMIAMI-DC.XML

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I think that's awesome... and it makes sense b/c Miami is perhaps the most exciting place on this 3rd rock. Its kinetic; I don't know how else to put it.

The panoramic scenes of different parts of Miami, especially South Beach and MacArthur Causeway are outstanding.

I can't stand overacting David Caruso, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's because Fla is the new Cali. FL is the "place to be", it's hip, young, and relatively progressive. Also, people are drawn to shows set here because this state is relatively "paradise" and "tropical". There's a certain allure to the Tropics.

I can't explain Miami's sudden surge to the center stage. There really isn't much to do in Miami, unless you're super rich and like to shop. Otherwise, it's nice to visit the beaches.

There really isn't much to do in Miami, unless you're super rich and like to shop. Otherwise, it's nice to visit the beaches.

Agreed, now that I'm going to school in Miami. Though, there is plenty to do/see/explore for tourists. And, the people who don't live here are the ones that travel home and spread the word about how exciting Miami is. Before I lived here, I was a much bigger fan. But long term, definitely not my favorite city. It's snooty, impersonal, and too expensive.

Maybe it's because Fla is the new Cali. FL is the "place to be", it's hip, young, and relatively progressive. Also, people are drawn to shows set here because this state is relatively "paradise" and "tropical". There's a certain allure to the Tropics.

I can't explain Miami's sudden surge to the center stage. There really isn't much to do in Miami, unless you're super rich and like to shop. Otherwise, it's nice to visit the beaches.

I think it was anything but sudden, Miami's had that image since the 1920s. More surprising is how cities like Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville (especially the latter two) have been catching up to it with insane growth.

• 4 weeks later...

I dislike how shows like "CSI:" and "Law and Order" have branched off soooo much. It annoys me. I love how the CSI:'s are all the same just different locations. Its fun. The original is the best. Miami and NY are too retarded and total spin offs of the original. I guess I would rather be original than a spin off.

On the topic of snooty and impersonal. hello?! where do you think you live? America is all about snooty and impersonal. But I would have to agree..that Orlando..is by far..themost snobbish city. By far.

• 2 months later...

I dislike how shows like "CSI:" and "Law and Order" have branched off soooo much. It annoys me. I love how the CSI:'s are all the same just different locations. Its fun. The original is the best. Miami and NY are too retarded and total spin offs of the original. I guess I would rather be original than a spin off.

On the topic of snooty and impersonal. hello?! where do you think you live? America is all about snooty and impersonal. But I would have to agree..that Orlando..is by far..themost snobbish city. By far.

snooty compared to what, Nashville? Shoot, between the like of Louisville, Lexington, Nashville, and other deep south traditional cities, Orlando is tame.

• 1 month later...

"'CSI: Miami'" is a ratings smash from Berlin to Bogota, from Paris to Pretoria. Outside the United States, 'CSI: Miami' tops 'Lost,' 'Desperate Housewives' and even the original 'CSI' to rank as the most-watched U.S. series around the world."

What do you guys think? Surprising to anyone or not. What is it about Miami based dramas that allure the world? Lets think back to the "Vice" days. :)

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....CSIMIAMI-DC.XML

Archived