Rolling Mill Hill

barakat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that this just appears to be the Direct Development part of the 1st phase. I am anxious to see what Streuver Brothers has planned for their part. Thanks for the link.

I really like the way it looks. It's a classic urban mid-rise neighborhood, nice looking architecture, ranging from 4 to eight stories. Very nice indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing the Streuver Brothers portion of the development as well.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of article related to Rolling Mill from the City Paper. One is from today and another is from yesterday. The one yesterday deals with Metro possibly approving a plan to bury the utility lines in Rolling Mill Hill and the second from today talking about the plan is getting ready to roll full steam. Construction on new building start in December.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...s&news_id=49378

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...s&news_id=49420

A couple of article related to Rolling Mill from the City Paper. One is from today and another is from yesterday. The one yesterday deals with Metro possibly approving a plan to bury the utility lines in Rolling Mill Hill and the second from today talking about the plan is getting ready to roll full steam. Construction on new building start in December.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...s&news_id=49378

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...s&news_id=49420

Thanks for posting the articles. It's great to see dates for construction starts on this project, December for Direct Development's portion, and January, '07 for Streuver's portion. By early '07 there will cranes popping up over Nasville in just about any direction you look. Very exciting stuff! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

It will be very interesting to see how fast the units will sell. The 30 affordable (I assume starting at $130,000) will probably be gobbled up in a flash. I hope the majority of the rest of the units are closer to $130,000 than they are to $500,000. If that's the case, this project will be very successful, IMO. By 2008 when this project is completed, the following major downtown housing projects will have been added:

Icon......................424 Units

Terrazzo...............109 Units

Viridian.................305 Units

Encore..................333 Units

Sounds Project.....600 Units

Rolling Mill Hill I.....460 Units

Total...................2231 Units

Adding to that total could be The Velocity (probably 100's of units), and The Westin (48 Units). And, of course in 2009, Signature Tower and hopefully Rolling Mill Hill II will open. It just boggles the mind!!! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any details about RMH that they can share? I'm so excited about this project and can't wait to see floor plans. Last I heard they weren't going to announce anything until mid-August...but I was hoping someone here might have some inside information they could share. I'm definitely interested in buying something there...just a super location and view! Thanks! :D

Has anyone heard any details about RMH that they can share? I'm so excited about this project and can't wait to see floor plans. Last I heard they weren't going to announce anything until mid-August...but I was hoping someone here might have some inside information they could share. I'm definitely interested in buying something there...just a super location and view! Thanks! :D

Make sure to register on the web site if you want to buy. They are working on a launch party for late this month. If you are realy serious, go ahead and get a realtor at Village to make sure you can get a reservation. I think the first phase could sell pretty quickly once this is launched.

I think you are very correct sir.

These are not going to be as expensive as many others that are going up in the DT area. I would expect the first phase to sell out at an amazing pace, which will spur Phase II and III hopefully sooner than later. This is one of my favorite developments because of the views and the potential that area has.

It will be very interesting to see how fast the units will sell. The 30 affordable (I assume starting at $130,000) will probably be gobbled up in a flash. I hope the majority of the rest of the units are closer to $130,000 than they are to $500,000. If that's the case, this project will be very successful, IMO. By 2008 when this project is completed, the following major downtown housing projects will have been added:

Icon......................424 Units

Terrazzo...............109 Units

Viridian.................305 Units

Encore..................333 Units

Sounds Project.....600 Units

Rolling Mill Hill I.....460 Units

Total...................2231 Units

Adding to that total could be The Velocity (probably 100's of units), and The Westin (48 Units). And, of course in 2009, Signature Tower and hopefully Rolling Mill Hill II will open. It just boggles the mind!!! :yahoo:

Don' forget all these that will come on line in 2007:

Bristol West End - 155 units

Adelicia - 186 units

The West End - 75 units (all $500k plus)

1101 Eighteenth Ave - 56 units

Coda's Midtown Lofts - 39 units

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The eight story building that was planned for this site is now ten stories. The sales rep said they had a huge wait list on the affordable units which are sold out. Looks as if the slase effort for phase II will not start until next year, about the same time they start closing on the units in phase I.

The cheapest units availble here is about $349,000.

• 9 months later...

Three architectural firms have been selected to offer plans for the old trolley barn

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...ml?surround=lfn

This project is moving forward at a dead snails pace. Why? Its a government run project. They should have just auctioned the site off to the highest bidder along with the thermal site and we would have a lot of development along the river by now. Our leadership under Purcell and the last Council was dreadful. This is just a continuation of a project that was started under that administration several years ago.

I'll get off my soap box. I could rant and rave for hours. :angry::sick::excl::cry:

^Oh wow, I didn't know this was owned by Metro. Great. No wonder it is taking forever! I agree. This and the thermal site...ugh...has been screwed. We can only dream how awesome this place would look if it was done properly! Come on Metro, this is a freaking goldmine. Get your act together. I hope Karl can do better.

Three architectural firms have been selected to offer plans for the old trolley barn

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...ml?surround=lfn

This project is moving forward at a dead snails pace. Why? Its a government run project. They should have just auctioned the site off to the highest bidder along with the thermal site and we would have a lot of development along the river by now. Our leadership under Purcell and the last Council was dreadful. This is just a continuation of a project that was started under that administration several years ago.

I'll get off my soap box. I could rant and rave for hours. :angry::sick::excl::cry:

Much of Chattanooga's development has been done by the RiverCity company. The RiverCity Company is a private, non-profit company chartered in 1986 to assist city and county governments and the private sector to spur economic development and the creation of great public spaces in downtown Chattanooga and along the riverfront. This approach for development has worked beautifully in Chattanooga. Nashville goverment needs to set up a similar type arrangement with a private development company, rather than trying to do it entirely within the city government.

Looks as if Nashville's leaders could learn a lot form Chattanooga.

That would be a good thread: "Why is Nashville city government so dysfunctional?" Some examples: 1) Remember the city official who authorized (without following proper procedures) the destruction of the oldest home in the county (where the new Home Depot is being built on Briley Parkway; 2) and speaking of Briley Parkway, when I drive it between I-65 and I-40 I see new subdivisions being built and the city is not requiring developers to provide underground utilities. What major city in the U.S. still allows this?

A large write up in the Tennessean Business section this morning about RMH. I didn't even realize that this project has been in the works for more than a decade. That will take it back to the Bredeson administration. Good news here is that they are rebuilding the Power House that collapsed and that SBER is about ready to start on town homes. Hopefully the relationship with that company has not been damaged beyond repair after the Sounds deal fell through.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...9/1003/BUSINESS

• 3 months later...

Archived