Rolling Mill Hill

barakat

• 1 month later...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think that there were any rentals there, however there was suppose to be an apartment building very close to RMH. I cant remember the name and there was a rendering on this site. I think it was like a 5 story building. Someone help a guy with too much information in his head to remember. :rolleyes: As to if it will be built or not, that is an entirely different question.

My opinion, for what its worth is they need to build it while the rental market is strong. Great location for sure.

! agree that there needs to be a few rental projects going up in town. I imagine there are thousands of people like me who would love to live in town, but for whatever reason, prefer to rent over purchase. Also considering the current credit crunch, i believe there would be a larger market for rentals, than mortgage. It frustrates me to have such a strong desire to live in a more urban environment, but to see all of the lights out on the new condo buildings. just my .02

! agree that there needs to be a few rental projects going up in town. I imagine there are thousands of people like me who would love to live in town, but for whatever reason, prefer to rent over purchase. Also considering the current credit crunch, i believe there would be a larger market for rentals, than mortgage. It frustrates me to have such a strong desire to live in a more urban environment, but to see all of the lights out on the new condo buildings. just my .02

I agree. The building i'm in.. last I heard, has had a waiting list on it since it opened.. which was, I believe, 2003.

Don't know if this is the same for most rental buildings around downtown.. but i'd imagine it's probably similar.

what building do you live in that was opened downtown in 2003 and still has a waiting list? Is it a rental building?

Laurel House in the Gulch... yes its rental only. Dont know for a fact that there has been a waiting list the entire time.. but I think so.

• 6 months later...

The new building is really starting to stick out now. It will make a bit of a statement on the hill for sure. At least we still have a few buildings under construction.

Does anyone know the status or what is going on the residential buildings under construction on rolling mill hill. I visited the sales center 6 months ago and several buildings were under construction.

• 1 month later...

Rolling Mill Hill Heads to Receivership:

Lenders have seized control of another Nashville condo project.

The Rolling Mill Hill condominiums were forced into receivership Tuesday by a lawsuit filed by Bank of America on behalf of itself and other lenders. The suit also asks the court to allow foreclosure on the three-building project on Hermitage Avenue.

Let this be a reminder to those who so badly want a new convention center that government tends to not do things well at all. Hopefully this development can still be salvaged and become a great place to live

The government didn't go bankrupt, the developer did. Maybe when the MCC is built there will be more reason (and jobs) for people to move downtown. I really don't see folks moving there to hang out in the current street surface parking lots...

The government didn't go bankrupt, the developer did. Maybe when the MCC is built there will be more reason (and jobs) for people to move downtown. I really don't see folks moving there to hang out in the current street surface parking lots...

Who picked the developer...

Didn't want to let this slide by without comment. Isn't one of the MAIN criticisms of the MCC that residents won't use it? I mean I live very close to downtown and know lots of people who do as well, and the MCC being right where it is would provide absolutely no draw whatsoever. A big huge box that I will never use in my day to day life will not pull me downtown. And jobs? If the number of well paying jobs the MCC creates is = to the number of well paying jobs on one floor of the new Pinnacle tower I would be shocked.

BTW, I don't mean to derail this topic. it seems thru further reading that these developers had very little of their own equity tied up in this deal. They marketed it poorly and I would be shocked if the building was even of decent quality knowing all this. I hope that in the next 3-5 years the market will allow for further buildings in RMH because that location could be the start of a very cool neighborhood.

Didn't want to let this slide by without comment. Isn't one of the MAIN criticisms of the MCC that residents won't use it? I mean I live very close to downtown and know lots of people who do as well, and the MCC being right where it is would provide absolutely no draw whatsoever. A big huge box that I will never use in my day to day life will not pull me downtown. And jobs? If the number of well paying jobs the MCC creates is = to the number of well paying jobs on one floor of the new Pinnacle tower I would be shocked.

BTW, I don't mean to derail this topic. it seems thru further reading that these developers had very little of their own equity tied up in this deal. They marketed it poorly and I would be shocked if the building was even of decent quality knowing all this. I hope that in the next 3-5 years the market will allow for further buildings in RMH because that location could be the start of a very cool neighborhood.

My comment was not about locals using the facility but rather locals being employed and having jobs because of the facility. I am not sure that any criticism would be warranted about locals not using this as it is not really intended for locals and really needs folks staying in hotel rooms to help pay for it.

My comment was not about locals using the facility but rather locals being employed and having jobs because of the facility. I am not sure that any criticism would be warranted about locals not using this as it is not really intended for locals and really needs folks staying in hotel rooms to help pay for it.

Errrr. so i am confused. You seemed to say it would draw people to living downtown. you admit this will not happen to many? So what was the point of your earlier comment?

Errrr. so i am confused. You seemed to say it would draw people to living downtown. you admit this will not happen to many? So what was the point of your earlier comment?

I never said it would draw people downtown for purposes of using the MCC. I said it would draw people downtown for the purpose of working either at the facility or the numerous other establishments (whether they are hotels, restaurants,et.) that will come on line as a result of the MCC being built. The MCC is being built to bring meetings, conventions, and trade shows into Nashville. It is not intended to be a social gathering place for locals. I am not sure where you got that idea. People driving in from Antioch to go hang out at the new Center does not pay for it, but people driving in from Pittsburgh does.

• 1 month later...

NCP Article - MDHA awards contract for workforce housing at Rolling Mill Hill

I thought that this article was interesting. While I am supportive of additional workforce housing near dowtown, I was surprised that anyone would be adding more inventory at this time. Aren't the existing buildings there nearly empty? I am glad that things are still moving at RMH, though, especially additional work on Hermitage Ave and on the greenway.

Archived