Rolling Mill Hill

barakat

Thanks for sharing that article. I like the way RMH is coming together, but I really, really hope that those gigantic parking lots that surround the Trolley Barns are more or less just intended to be a placeholder until something else comes along.

They are intended for future office up to 300k sf, residential and retail. The most significant density is planned for the KVB frontage. If you Google "Rolling Mill Hill Master Plan" you will find a lot of information. The buildings completed to date have deviated a bit from the original plan, but in large part the vision is still acheivable in time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks hayes for the info, and smeagols for the link...the final plan looks nice. If the city does it right and doesn't cut corners like they tend to do sometimes, it should be great!

I think this will take some time to develop. I'm not a fan of surface lots, but they're better than empty fields, which is likely what they would be for many years.

The good thing about the lots is that they're a lot easier to tear up than buildings. Hopefully this vision will be realized within the next couple of decades (unless we see a tremendous surge in growth...).

Archived