Just a quick question

VeeFan

I just have a question to ask people in the Flint area. Do you think that with elections this year, it would be worthwhile to have Governor Granholm and/or Dick Devos (sp?) come to U of M/Flint area in general, for a Q & A session, speech/rally, or even a debate with her opponent about the issues?

I'm a member of U of M's chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society), and we were discussing tonight about doing something BIG this upcoming year and this idea popped into my head. With all the Delphi talk and the reports about Michigan being at the bottom in job growth, I think it'd be a good idea to do a Q & A session to let students (future of the state!) and everyday citizens ask either candidate what direction they want to take the state in, and specifically what could be done to help Flint out. I'm really interested in organizing this, and especially if I know there is going to be enough interest from the community; I wouldn't want Granholm to come all the way here and there be only 20-30 people who show up. :P

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived