Spring Hill approve another almost 10,000 lots

smeagolsfree

Spring Hill has approve almost 10,000 more lots for housing and will be larger than Franklin was in the 2000 census within the next 5 years according to the Tennessean article. I knew there was a lot of growth going on here but had no idea this much was happening.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...50311/1006/NEWS

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running out of space in Franklin, cause it sure isn't Saturn bringing all these people to Spring Hill.

The leap frog effect? People commuting to Nashville (and now Brentwood and Franklin) moving even further out for more open space and cheaper land? Sprawl, curse you.

It truly makes no sense to me whatsoever. Unless you worked at Saturn, WHY would you live in Spring Hill? If you work in Franklin, why not just live in Franklin? It's not like were talking about people who work in New York City here and want to live in the suburbs for something a little quieter. I don't know if i'll ever fully understand the logic behind the decisions of the average suburbanite.

Unless you worked at Saturn, WHY would you live in Spring Hill? If you work in Franklin, why not just live in Franklin?

It's signficantly cheaper to live in spring hill. I have friends who live there and work in either franklin or cool springs...they can't afford to live in franklin or brentwood so it simply makes more sense to live in spring hill.

It's signficantly cheaper to live in spring hill. I have friends who live there and work in either franklin or cool springs...they can't afford to live in franklin or brentwood so it simply makes more sense to live in spring hill.

Although that situation and it's result are very unfortunate, you are right. All the more reason to be supporting mixed income development! I'm getting so sick of all these developments, whether they are gated suburban communities, or high rise condos, that are strictly for the rich.

I thought that people were moving to Spring Hill because it was less expensive, but have you checked the prices on some of those houses?

Spring Hill is cheaper than Franklin in the same way La Vergne and Smyrna are cheaper than Nashville. It's just suburbs of a different central city. Maybe one day UP will have to add a forum for "Franklin and surrounding counties!"

I thought that people were moving to Spring Hill because it was less expensive, but have you checked the prices on some of those houses?

Spring Hill is cheaper than Franklin in the same way La Vergne and Smyrna are cheaper than Nashville. It's just suburbs of a different central city. Maybe one day UP will have to add a forum for "Franklin and surrounding counties!"

I think this gets at the heart of why there is now development in Spring Hill. I imagine that this market caters not so much to Nashville as its employment hub, but Franklin and Columbia.

I know this is a little off subject, but here's an article from today's Chattanooga Times Free Press about a new development that Kennecott Utah Mining Company plans to build near Salt Lake City. Rather than building subdivisions scattered all about from hither to yon like what we have with Spring Hill and all over the Metro Nashville area, this proposed development is totally different. It may well be the largest suburban development in the history of this nation, and it's being developed completely by one company that already owns all the land. The astounding statistics: 162,800 homes, and 500,000 residents! :w00t: Yes, that's no misprint! The thing is...... read the article. The plan is absolutely awesome. Tremendous density, neighborhoods, retail, mass transit throughout, and mass transit tie ins directly to Salt Lake City. If only we could have developments with this kind of foresight! Of course, we could probably never build any this big, but they could be built with these kind of principles in mind.

Utah Mining Company Building New City

... It may well be the largest suburban development in the history of this nation, and it's being developed completely by one company that already owns all the land. The astounding statistics: 162,800 homes, and 500,000 residents! ....The plan is absolutely awesome. Tremendous density, neighborhoods, retail, mass transit throughout, and mass transit tie ins directly to Salt Lake City. If only we could have developments with this kind of foresight! ....

Every now and then you get to see just a glimpse of how cities would be developed in a truely free market economy. One company in charge of developing/planning the infrastructure for a city of thousands? Sounds like a recipe for huge success to me. :shades: I can't wait to see what they build!!

Every now and then you get to see just a glimpse of how cities would be developed in a truely free market economy. One company in charge of developing/planning the infrastructure for a city of thousands? Sounds like a recipe for huge success to me. :shades: I can't wait to see what they build!!

Amen to that!

Archived