Chenal Parkway / Highway 10

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone have any info on what is going in at Wellington Center (old Crain Ford) and the new center by the Shell Station up by Kroger?

The old Crain Ford is just a strip center that is available for lease. Other than the First Security Bank in the parking lot, I don't think anything has been announced.

By the Shell Station will be a car wash, but the rest of the place is up in the air. A few names have been thrown around but I don't think anyone else has committed.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sears Automotive in front of Home Depot has closed. The signs are removed and the windows are papered over. It never seemed nearly as busy as Goodyear or Firestone that are both nearby. With its visibility, it seems like a great location for a fast-food or fast-casual restaurant. Taco Beuno, please?

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new building behind the revolving restaurant building at the Village at Rahling Road. It has signage for Noah's Event Center, which, it turns out, is a chain in about a dozen different states. I didn't know a chain like this existed and it will be interesting to see how well it does. It's good to see the shopping center getting a new tenant, along with a much-needed entrance from Chenal Parkway.

https://www.mynoahs.com/Home.aspx

BTW: ate at Cantina Cinco de Mayo and I have to say that it is several steps above the typical El Porton/Senior Tequila level of Mexican food. Very good. I hope it lasts.

Because Little Rock needs another bank and the Promenade at Chenal is doing everything to make that shopping center a cluster, Regions Bank will be constructing a new branch on one of the outparcels. 

I think they've actually owned that space (next to McDonald's) since the center first opened. I think the economy may have delayed it. Not exciting news for the center except that it won't be a patch of dirt anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

I have it from a fairly reliable source that the Chi family will be bringing the La Madeline's chain to Arkansas. Possible sites for the first location are the old Infiniti dealer on W. Markham (which the family just happens to own) or the Promenade at Chenal. I'm assuming that would be an outparcel, but don't know any more details at this time. it's one of my favorite places for breakfast when I'm in Dallas, so I look forward to it opening.

I have it from a fairly reliable source that the Chi family will be bringing the La Madeline's chain to Arkansas. Possible sites for the first location are the old Infiniti dealer on W. Markham (which the family just happens to own) or the Promenade at Chenal. I'm assuming that would be an outparcel, but don't know any more details at this time. it's one of my favorite places for breakfast when I'm in Dallas, so I look forward to it opening.

Interesting...my parent's favorite place!  That's good and all, but how about a Pappadeaux's!?! ;-)

Would this be a possibility for the Aloft? So far there hasn't been any word on what the Aloft restaurant will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
4 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Anyone know details on Wellington Plaza?  If my educated guess based on Google Maps is correct, the address in yesterday's plumbing permit — 222 Wellington Hills Road — puts it somewhere behind Walgreens.  The strip center where Crain Ford Chenal used to be is Wellington Center.

You are correct, it is where the old Crane Ford used to be on Chenal / Wellington Hills Rd. There is a bank over there and I know Halloween Express was there temp during Halloween period, not much else is over there. 

• 3 months later...

Arkansas Times is reporting that Lowe's is again considering the lot at the corner of Kanis & Bowman. They tried several years ago but never made it happen. Hank's took part of the lot, but I guess there is enough space remaining for them.

2 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

that seems very small for a Lowe's.... wonder when someone is going to snag that huge lot next to Kroger further down Chenal.

-R

That seems too far from the main retail area for Lowe's. I didn't think the lot was big enough, but, if you look at this image, it would be. Either the cleared area with no outparcel or they could include the wooded area and have an outparcel available.

No matte what happens, they have got to get to work on the widening. And that needs to include Bowman south of Kanis, too.

56de0216eb792_ScreenShot2016-03-07at4.34

yeah and they will have to deal with moving a crap ton of dirt, its no where near level on that lot, the back side is up a good deal higher than the front. It honestly looks like they built it out for something up front and then the back side to be something small like a few shops sitting higher up so they could be seen from the roads.. but yeah they will have to redo that intersection for sure. 

-R

Archived