Chenal Parkway / Highway 10

This is from the current issue of Arkansas Business: I assume it's the part of the parking lot just west of Taco Bell. Good visibility but I didn't know it was roomy enough there for another business.

An affiliate of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville sold a 0.67-acre piece of a parking lot for $1.3 million. The 0.67-acre parcel near the southwest corner of Chenal Parkway and Bowman Road was bought by out-of-state developers with an eye toward an eatery, whose name is veiled for now.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Zaxby's doesn't take up too much space, really, and would be a possible candidate.  That is, if they EVER intend to come into the city proper at this rate.

Zaxby's is coming.  They are looking.  The space here by Wal-Mart is not Zaxby's.  But I do believe it's a first in state concept.

On 3/9/2016 at 2:09 PM, LRretail said:

I hear these guys have been looking around town for space.  http://www.freddysusa.com

Freddy's is a combo of Steak N Shake and Andy's Frozen Custard.  Andy's Frozen Custard is NOT the same as Andy's Hamburgers.  There is a Freddy's in Bentonville.  Or is it Rogers?  I thought it was good.  Other dining companions thought it was awful.  

On 3/10/2016 at 4:19 PM, Arkanzin said:

Freddy's is a combo of Steak N Shake and Andy's Frozen Custard.  Andy's Frozen Custard is NOT the same as Andy's Hamburgers.  There is a Freddy's in Bentonville.  Or is it Rogers?  I thought it was good.  Other dining companions thought it was awful.  

Rogers and Fayetteville, but not in Bentonville.

• 3 weeks later...
On March 31, 2016 at 3:47 PM, SangreRaVen said:

O.o think we could get something better....

-R

This may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Looking at reviews of several of the locations they were very positive.

I noticed today when driving along Cantrell that the I.O. Metro store has been rebranded.  It's now ERDOS at Home.  Checking the interwebs, it appears this happened company wide (not unique to the LR location).  Very odd.  I had not read anything about a rebranding/renaming, nor any corporate sale.  The last I knew, IO Metro was doing very well, had lots of brand awareness, and I was told the LR store was the companies largest by sales volume.

On 4/3/2016 at 9:48 PM, Architect said:

I noticed today when driving along Cantrell that the I.O. Metro store has been rebranded.  It's now ERDOS at Home.  Checking the interwebs, it appears this happened company wide (not unique to the LR location).  Very odd.  I had not read anything about a rebranding/renaming, nor any corporate sale.  The last I knew, IO Metro was doing very well, had lots of brand awareness, and I was told the LR store was the companies largest by sales volume.

John Erdos is the chairman of the former IOMetro company.  He took over last year.  I guess he thinks he's the next Trump and wanted his name everywhere on his company.  He's closed some stores and reorganized the rest of the company.  IOMetro was a better brand name, IMHO.  

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2016 at 9:46 AM, adman0468 said:

Anyone know what the land being cleared behind Barnes & Noble is for? It's a huge amount of space (more than I realized was there. Visibility isn't ideal but location isn't bad. Curious that I haven't heard any rumblings.

Looked at permits and discovered it was for a mini-storage unit. 

That was anti-climactic.

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

guess all the new apartment projects mean there is a need for more of these eyesores... o.o

-R

The eyesores being the apartments or the storage units?   On that note, GreenTree Nursery on Rodney Parham is being razed to make way for....storage units.  More storage units are going in where El Chico on Rodney Parham was--just to the east of Red Lobster.  I know I have a lot of "stuff" but is there that much need to store "stuff"?   

42 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

The eyesores being the apartments or the storage units?   On that note, GreenTree Nursery on Rodney Parham is being razed to make way for....storage units.  More storage units are going in where El Chico on Rodney Parham was--just to the east of Red Lobster.  I know I have a lot of "stuff" but is there that much need to store "stuff"?   

There was a survey which showed if something is moved from the house to the garage then it will probably never make it back into the house. If the garage isn't big enough to hold it then off to a storage unit. One time I had to get a storage unit because I was moving and the owner told me that people keep paying to store stuff they will never use. He said it was good for him. I ask him if he had a storage unit and he told me no. He said he didn't keep stuff if he wasn't going to use it.

3 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

You mean where Mexico Chiquito was? At one time that was going to be another restaurant, but I think the time has passed for a restaurant there. Sad that it's digressed all the way to storage units.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what is happening with the Varannes neighborhood in Chenal Valley? It's along the backside of Chenal Valley Drive and has had a gated entrance and a "lots available" sign for several years. It was supposed to be 1 to 2 acre lots (the largest in Chenal Valley, I believe) that were quite expensive. No homes have ever been built.

Now, the neighborhood is no longer listed on the chenal.com website and the map of available lots is gone from where it had been next to the gated entrance. But the gates do have wreaths on them.

Anybody know anything?

Archived