Chenal Parkway / Highway 10

15 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Anyone know what is happening with the Varannes neighborhood in Chenal Valley? It's along the backside of Chenal Valley Drive and has had a gated entrance and a "lots available" sign for several years. It was supposed to be 1 to 2 acre lots (the largest in Chenal Valley, I believe) that were quite expensive. No homes have ever been built.

Now, the neighborhood is no longer listed on the chenal.com website and the map of available lots is gone from where it had been next to the gated entrance. But the gates do have wreaths on them.

Anybody know anything?

Actually there are two homes built in there.  They're obviously very expensive.  One belongs to a doctor and the other an attorney.  They neighborhood has never been heavily marketed by Chenal Properties and it's possible that some of the lots have been sold to the two existing home owners to keep exclusivity.  Similar arrangement happened with George Gleason bought his property from Chenal Properties to house his compound along Chenal Valley.  

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2016 at 0:59 PM, LRretail said:

Actually there are two homes built in there.  They're obviously very expensive.  One belongs to a doctor and the other an attorney.  They neighborhood has never been heavily marketed by Chenal Properties and it's possible that some of the lots have been sold to the two existing home owners to keep exclusivity.  Similar arrangement happened with George Gleason bought his property from Chenal Properties to house his compound along Chenal Valley.  

Weird. Google Maps doesn't show anything built on it. And I think it's an image from earlier this year, based on the construction  happening at the nearby neighborhood.

4 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Weird. Google Maps doesn't show anything built on it. And I think it's an image from earlier this year, based on the construction  happening at the nearby neighborhood.

I agree.  The sat images don't show anything built in there.  That's my mistake.  But I know a doctor purchased one of the lots in there in 2009 and bought another lot in 2011.  An patent attorney also purchased a lot in that subdivision as well.  Perhaps Chenal Properties purchased the lots back.  Ownership records show all to the lots still belong to Deltic.

23 hours ago, LRretail said:

I agree.  The sat images don't show anything built in there.  That's my mistake.  But I know a doctor purchased one of the lots in there in 2009 and bought another lot in 2011.  An patent attorney also purchased a lot in that subdivision as well.  Perhaps Chenal Properties purchased the lots back.  Ownership records show all to the lots still belong to Deltic.

That's odd. I know when the map was up with available lots, it showed one sold (not necessarily developed). 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

The Main Cheese posted on Facebook that its last day will be January 21.   The owners just bought the place in September but attribute having two full-time jobs and thinking they could run a restaurant on top of that as the cause.  

I am an acquaintance of the owners and was surprised about the news...hopefully it wasn't a huge financial hit for them.

• 1 month later...

Archived