Chenal Parkway / Highway 10

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a Mac as well.

Best Buy apparently hired the Mac guy away from Comp USA.

About a year ago when I lived in Dallas they closed the DFW stores. Since the company is based there, I took that as a very bad sign.

I always hated Fry's. Too gimmicky and too much sales pressure.

Ha! You noticed that salesman as well! I'm embarrassed that I can't remember his name, but he worked at CompUSA FOREVER, and is a very nice, knowledgeable guy. [Note to that "guy" - he needs to apply for a "Genius" position at the new Apple Store!!!]

What Mac did you buy, and are you pleased with your purchase?

Ha! You noticed that salesman as well! I'm embarrassed that I can't remember his name, but he worked at CompUSA FOREVER, and is a very nice, knowledgeable guy. [Note to that "guy" - he needs to apply for a "Genius" position at the new Apple Store!!!]

iMac 24" with the 2.8 Intel CoreDuo. I love it so far.

iMac 24" with the 2.8 Intel CoreDuo. I love it so far.

Very nice. I am currently typing on a 24" iMac here at home that I purchased LAST January. I wish I'd waited for the new models with the upgraded enclosure. I love the thinner design with the aluminum accents.

If you ever have any trouble or questions, just PM me. I'd be happy to help.

One of these days I need to take some pictures of the development. You can catch some glimpses of the finished product by looking at the building in the back on the left if you are facing from Chenal. There's a beige stucco-ish material with a faux-slate looking roof. The buildings all have considerable variation in roofline, layout, etc and create a nice village-like appearance though it could never pass for anything except a lifestyle center. Still, it seems night and day different than Shackleford Crossing, more interesting, creative, and attractive.

It looks like the outbuildings will be built last, which I found interesting as some outbuilding tenants have been known for some time.

Also, 5 or 6 stories of steel are up for the Bank of the Ozarks HQs, which almost seems seamless with Promenade at Chenal.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know of any locally owned computer stores in Little Rock that would have more specialized equipment like CompUSA did? A shipment from Newegg can take 1-2 weeks in this part of the country and sometimes thats unacceptable.

Does anybody know of any locally owned computer stores in Little Rock that would have more specialized equipment like CompUSA did? A shipment from Newegg can take 1-2 weeks in this part of the country and sometimes thats unacceptable.

Depends on what you consider specialized... I can't think of anything that I could only purchase at CompUSA that I could not find at Best Buy, Circuit City or RadioShack. Unless you are looking to pick up one of these.

Depends on what you consider specialized... I can't think of anything that I could only purchase at CompUSA that I could not find at Best Buy, Circuit City or RadioShack. Unless you are looking to pick up one of these.

A ton of things. Motherboards, processors, high-end memory, high-end graphics cards, PC cases, and monitor radiation filters just to name a few.

• 3 weeks later...

any word on what might replace the vacated Fazoli's location on Chenal Parkway? Any suggestions???

Maybe one of the rumored Panera Bread company locations can go there.

A Chick-fil-a in an area other than the Park Plaza/across from ParkPlaza would be nice in LR too. It may even cut down the crazy traffic by the stand alone over on Markham

A Chick-fil-a in an area other than the Park Plaza/across from ParkPlaza would be nice in LR too. It may even cut down the crazy traffic by the stand alone over on Markham

Would a stand alone Chic-Fil-A work well in the now closed Fazoli's location?

I'm hoping for a Backyard Burger or Pei Wei in WLR. There's really not much out by the intersection of Chenal and Hwy 10. At the same time, that's a nice thing. I'd hate to see Chenal or Hwy 10 littered with too much fast food.

Does anybody know if Sharper Image is closing in Little Rock?

As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be surprised. Its in a rinky-dink 3 slot shopping center. It can't have that much of a draw. Too bad the company's not in financial shape to relocate the LR outlet to the Promenade (or even Park Plaza or Midtowne). I was surprised when it located there in the first place...must have cheap rent.

As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be surprised. Its in a rinky-dink 3 slot shopping center. It can't have that much of a draw. Too bad the company's not in financial shape to relocate the LR outlet to the Promenade (or even Park Plaza or Midtowne). I was surprised when it located there in the first place...must have cheap rent.

There were a lot of stores in that area along Chenal that really belonged in a larger center but the demographics of West LR demanded a location and they were forced to go outside the norm. No doubt Chico's, Soma, Jos A Bank, Sharper Image, etc belong in Promenade more than their current developments.

A Pei Wei in the Chenal area would do very well. I think we'll see some "fast casual" in the Promenade. With no fast food in Chenal, people need more options for a quick dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Appearantly, at least for now, Sharper Image is keeping its LR location open and closing its NWA location at Pinnacle Hills. This really surprises me. Maybe if the company gets itself into better shape they can relocate into Midtowne or the Promenade at Chenal.

A Pei Wei in the Chenal area would do very well. I think we'll see some "fast casual" in the Promenade. With no fast food in Chenal, people need more options for a quick dinner.

If they do put some fast food in Chenal I hope they keep it classy. Pei Wei would be good. However, I don't want to see this in Chenal.

i-070_eb_brzwd_02.jpg

What are some other upscale/casual fast food options?

Chick-Fil-A would do very well. Also, Moes, Mama Fu's, Panera Bread, Marketplace Express.

Panera Bread is going to open four LR locations and I would expect one of them to be on Chenal. Buffalo Wild Wings and Chipotle would go well too. Chipotle is in OKC, Tulsa, and Springfield, so they could logically expand into NWA and Little Rock sooner than later.

Panera Bread is going to open four LR locations and I would expect one of them to be on Chenal. Buffalo Wild Wings and Chipotle would go well too. Chipotle is in OKC, Tulsa, and Springfield, so they could logically expand into NWA and Little Rock sooner than later.

Chipotle is a direct competitor of Moe's and Flying Burrito and in other markets Qdoba and La Salsa. That made to order burrito market right now is a very competitive nationally.

The other issue is that McDonald's is spinning off Chipotle and that will reduce the cash backing the company has for expansion.

Zaxby's would fit well if one wasn't going into Shackleford Crossing already. Like you said, though, I like a fast-food free Chenal. Some nicer hybrid places are fine but I don't want McDonald's, Taco Bells and KFCs out there.

• 4 weeks later...

There's some work going on at the old Fazoli's - anyone know what it is? Looks like the building is being renovated for someone else.

I also wonder what will become of the old Kroger when they build and move 500-600 feet down the road. What would be nice, but won't happen, would be a Costco moving there.

There's some work going on at the old Fazoli's - anyone know what it is? Looks like the building is being renovated for someone else.

I also wonder what will become of the old Kroger when they build and move 500-600 feet down the road. What would be nice, but won't happen, would be a Costco moving there.

I think it's too remote for a Costco. One of those might do well at I-430 and Col Glenn or in NLR at North Hills. I would be very excited about getting a Costco.

Stopped and looked at the building permit sign and it says its made out to "Pasta Place." I bet a pasta place would do really well there. Why hadn't anyone thought of that?

Archived