Chenal Parkway / Highway 10

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That hideous dome from the Capital Bank on Chenal is gone and remodeling has begun. The sign out front shows a somewhat better design for the building with large columns. I have hated passing that terrible looking building every day.

Oh goodness, that horrible building has been the butt of many an architect's jokes. Good riddance.

• 5 months later...

I have noticed some work going on at the corner of Kanis and Chenal at what appears to be an outparcel in the Kroger parking lot there.  Any idea what it is going to be?

Chuy's Mexican food. It's an Austin-based chain. I've never been to one, but the people who have really like it. I predict long waits once it opens in May.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Plumbing permit issued for LA Fitness at the old Sports Authority location. (http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/planreview/PLUMB/84701.htm) Have they moved the planned LA Fitness from Park Avenue to here, or is this a potential second location?

The Park Avenue location has not been moved, they were open to bids on the project as recently as March and had only recently announced their expectation to open next year. I would imagine the Chenal location is a possible second site. I'm not sure how the square footage on that site compares to the two story center planned at Park Avenue, or if it would have a pool (like the Park Avenue one) or not, but I haven't seen or heard anything to make me believe they're bailing on that development. They've been with it for a long time, wouldn't make any sense to bail on a $5 million fitness center in such a high profile location now. 

Down the parkway at the old Pinnacle/Crain Ford dealership, Colliers International has the property listing complete with a new name for the complex — Wellington Center @ Chenal.  The site is said to be available for new tenants as part of an office and retail mix by August.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18059041/15400-Chenal-Parkway-Little-Rock-AR/

Well there is a sign up at the Kroger complex, the section down by Chuys they have been working on. It says Pizza Bakers so not sure if its Mellow Mushroom or not. O.o

I drove by yesterday afternoon.  Above where it says Pizza Bakers they were installing the Mellow Mushroom sign.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived