Chenal Parkway / Highway 10

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was by the old Wynsong movie theater today off Chenal and noticed that the sign said there was a sale pending. Anyone know the details? I don't see that place ever being retail, but offices would work well there.

I was by the old Wynsong movie theater today off Chenal and noticed that the sign said there was a sale pending. Anyone know the details? I don't see that place ever being retail, but offices would work well there.

THey were marketing it as offices, that's the last I heard. Seems like a good place for a call center.

• 4 weeks later...

Stopped and looked at the building permit sign and it says its made out to "Pasta Place." I bet a pasta place would do really well there. Why hadn't anyone thought of that?

According to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette this restaurant is suppose open Wednesday.

Sharper Image has announced it will close all stores including Little Rock's. As long as gas prices keep rising, expect to see more boutique chains that sell unnecissary 'junk' to people with disposable income go under as well.

Perhaps, but I think in this case, it has less to do with the economy/price of gas as it did their poor performance/business plan. The company has been in trouble for some time....though perhaps this did push them over the edge.

Appearantly, at least for now, Sharper Image is keeping its LR location open and closing its NWA location at Pinnacle Hills. This really surprises me. Maybe if the company gets itself into better shape they can relocate into Midtowne or the Promenade at Chenal.

If they do put some fast food in Chenal I hope they keep it classy. Pei Wei would be good. However, I don't want to see this in Chenal.

i-070_eb_brzwd_02.jpg

What are some other upscale/casual fast food options?

Although it doesn't look great, the gas @ under $2.50 would be a welcome addition anywhere. :thumbsup:

Perhaps, but I think in this case, it has less to do with the economy/price of gas as it did their poor performance/business plan. The company has been in trouble for some time....though perhaps this did push them over the edge.

Sharper Image went south several years ago when the economy was still thriving. Their CEO is a Little Rock native and was released at that time and they never turned around despite new leadership. I personally think the internet was the major reason for the demise.

The real killer is they have a small distribution center in Maumelle that will no doubt be closing.

Sharper Image went south several years ago when the economy was still thriving. Their CEO is a Little Rock native and was released at that time and they never turned around despite new leadership. I personally think the internet was the major reason for the demise.

The real killer is they have a small distribution center in Maumelle that will no doubt be closing.

Yes, the Internet hurt badly as people found out that Sharper Image was essentially heavily overpriced marginal equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At the August 7th planning commission meeting developers will present an item for the new Kroger on Chenal. With 120,000 square feet the new grocery store will be nearly twice the size of the current 64,000 square foot store, and will be attached to the current store on the west side. After the new store is open, the current store will be prepared for lease to another tenant or tenants. Additionally, the developers will construct 10,000 square feet of new space on the eastern side of the current store.

Another agenda item of interest is a proposed office/commercial project at the southeast corner of Rahling and LaGrande

At the August 7th planning commission meeting developers will present an item for the new Kroger on Chenal. With 120,000 square feet the new grocery store will be nearly twice the size of the current 64,000 square foot store, and will be attached to the current store on the west side. After the new store is open, the current store will be prepared for lease to another tenant or tenants. Additionally, the developers will construct 10,000 square feet of new space on the eastern side of the current store.

Another agenda item of interest is a proposed office/commercial project at the southeast corner of Rahling and LaGrande

Proposed off/commercial on Rahling/LaGrande - Is this the space that Ark Business just report that Region's Bank bought?

No, that's at the corner of LaGrande and Chenal. This would be down LaGrande where it meets the new extension of Rahling that runs behind the movie theater.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

According to the plumbing permits, a Genghis Grill will be taking over the old Fazoli's/Pasta Patch location. It's basically a Mongolian Grill with some good-looking spice options. If the prices are reasonable, it could be a good place. Haven't eaten at the others, so I don't know the quality of the food. Anyone familiar with it? They're based in Dallas, according to their website, which - by the way - isn't a very good one.

www.ghengisgrill.com

According to the plumbing permits, a Genghis Grill will be taking over the old Fazoli's/Pasta Patch location. It's basically a Mongolian Grill with some good-looking spice options. If the prices are reasonable, it could be a good place. Haven't eaten at the others, so I don't know the quality of the food. Anyone familiar with it? They're based in Dallas, according to their website, which - by the way - isn't a very good one.

www.ghengisgrill.com

I have no idea about the quality of Genghis Grill proper, but I did go to a "Mongolian Grill" in Austin one time, and LOVED it!

They're based in Dallas, according to their website, which - by the way - isn't a very good one.

www.ghengisgrill.com

Actually, it looks like that Web site has been taken over by web squatters. You can catch a glimpse of the original site here.

EDITED TO ADD... When I first followed the link, it was a very basic white page with ads and links. After posting this, it looks like a normal restaurant Web site. So, I'm not sure what they've got going on.

Actually, it looks like that Web site has been taken over by web squatters. You can catch a glimpse of the original site here.

EDITED TO ADD... When I first followed the link, it was a very basic white page with ads and links. After posting this, it looks like a normal restaurant Web site. So, I'm not sure what they've got going on.

Thats a little better. My first thought after seeing that other website is "I bet this doesn't last long". This might actually have some real staying power.

www.ghengisgrill.com

I used to eat there in Dallas quite a bit, there was one in Olde Towne Shopping Center on Greenville Ave. They are pretty common there and tend to be in upscale areas.

It's pretty much the typical "Mongolian Grill". Pick out meat, veggies, sauces, spice and they cook it up for you. You can go back and get more if you want it. It's great for lunch. The ones in Dallas were never jam-packed but always had customers. I bet one in LR will do very well.

If you'll notice...the link posted was http://www.ghengisgrill.com

It's spelled incorrectly.

It's http://www.genghisgrill.com

his place looks a lot like a place I ate at in Boston, Fire + Ice. Same "improvisational grill" concept, stir-fy, pick out your own meats etc.. and they cook it on a big circular grill. Fire + Ice was all you can eat- and it was awesome. Very excited to see how this place turns out.

Fire + Ice Website

My bad on the spelling of the website.

I drive by the place every day and haven't seen any construction yet that I can tell. I'm assuming the location is the old Fazoli's and not something else in that center (not positive they all have the same address). I'm not sure there's any other space large enough back there for a restaurant.

Archived