Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLBrain

Bristol West End Sells Out in Five Months!

11 posts in this topic

I guess this helps Bristol move on to get Icon going.

Here's the link:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...ml?surround=lfn

I just got off the phone with my friend at Vandy and he said that demand for condos around the area is actually getting stronger looking at this year over last year. Vandy is actually looking into feasibility of building a complex of two to three midrises of apartments (between 12-16 stories on some of their property off Wedgewood.

Vandy is actually looking into feasibility of building a complex of two to three midrises of apartments (between 12-16 stories on some of their property off Wedgewood.

Where is this property? I didn't know VU owned any property off of Wedgewood, but it doesn't surprise me.

Speaking of VU and Wedgewood, everytime I drive/walk through the Village and see the AmSouth Bank at the corner of 21st and Wedgewood I yearn for it to be knocked down and a low/mid-rise be built on the lot akin to the building across the street that houses Social Graces and the UPS Store.

This will mean Icon will start major work very soon. I am glad to hear that demand is actually increasing. I think Vanderbilt has a lot of property surrounding the campus. I dont know which parcels for sure but they have been buying property for years form what i understand. i would not be a bit surprised if you see several more high rise projects in the works for Midtown and the gulch this year. Amazing how Vanderbilt and Belmont are growing together.

I guess this helps Bristol move on to get Icon going.

Here's the link:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...ml?surround=lfn

I just got off the phone with my friend at Vandy and he said that demand for condos around the area is actually getting stronger looking at this year over last year. Vandy is actually looking into feasibility of building a complex of two to three midrises of apartments (between 12-16 stories on some of their property off Wedgewood.

This would be strange, since Vanderbilt has actually sold a number of properties in the last three years (on 18th and Capers, for example) and has announced that it has no plans to develop past Capers. I don't think the University owns any property south of Capers at this time. Are you sure about the location?

South of Capers I would guess is all owned by Vandy, it's full of their stuff and border Wedgewood at least from 21st to whatever that street is where Bristol is building...I should know that, but don't. They also own some property between Wedgewood and Belcourt. I'm just guessing of course, but the Stahlworth, Blair, Ingram Center and such are all south of Capers. There's a lot of land out there...much of it parking now, but asphalt's easy to scrape up.

I wish they'd forget about that and take care of the split at 21st and Broadway (and, Brain, they DID tear down the microwave...I was shocked).

The most obvious Vanderbilt-owned property that needs to be developed is the parking lot where IHOP used to be. Perfect place for something big with retail and housing.

South of Capers I would guess is all owned by Vandy, it's full of their stuff and border Wedgewood at least from 21st to whatever that street is where Bristol is building...I should know that, but don't. They also own some property between Wedgewood and Belcourt. I'm just guessing of course, but the Stahlworth, Blair, Ingram Center and such are all south of Capers. There's a lot of land out there...much of it parking now, but asphalt's easy to scrape up.

I wish they'd forget about that and take care of the split at 21st and Broadway (and, Brain, they DID tear down the microwave...I was shocked).

I think we are confused. I was talking about Capers near Wedgewood, not Capers near Blakemore. (And actually I think Capers on the West side of 21st is now renamed "Children's Way" or something). The original post mentioned Wedgewood. To my knowledge, Vanderbilt does not own any property south of the new freshman campus being built at the intersection of 18th Ave S and Capers. They used to own several properties on 19th, 18th and Capers, but those were sold several years ago to private investors. This is the area that came to mind when the original poster mentioned Wedgewood, but maybe he meant Blakemore?

I think my brain just melted. Argh.

Barakat and I are thinking alike though.

Capers has gotten so jumbled up over the years, I'm surprised any of us can figure it out. lol

You are right about that and "Children's Way" doesn't help! I think children are just fine but I think that's a pretty silly name for a street. I liked Capers better . (Wherever it was)

Where is this property? I didn't know VU owned any property off of Wedgewood, but it doesn't surprise me.

Speaking of VU and Wedgewood, everytime I drive/walk through the Village and see the AmSouth Bank at the corner of 21st and Wedgewood I yearn for it to be knocked down and a low/mid-rise be built on the lot akin to the building across the street that houses Social Graces and the UPS Store.

Man, I feel the EXACT same way. That bank is one of the ugliest wastes of space in the city. The only thing that keeps hillsboro village from just exploding with people, retail, and entertainment is there is simply no where left to build. I really wish that would get torn down and some midrise with retail would be built...There is also another ugly amsouth bank down the street at the intersection of blakemore and west end...another waste of prime real estate.

This will mean Icon will start major work very soon. I am glad to hear that demand is actually increasing. I think Vanderbilt has a lot of property surrounding the campus. I dont know which parcels for sure but they have been buying property for years form what i understand. i would not be a bit surprised if you see several more high rise projects in the works for Midtown and the gulch this year. Amazing how Vanderbilt and Belmont are growing together.

It's really crazy how soon vandy and belmont might literally be next to each other. While to my knowledge belmont has no plans to build on the other side of wedgewood, they are quickly running out of space and it would not surprise me for them to extend towards hillsboro/21st.

So if that happens it will look a lot like what has already happened in Pittsburgh's University area, Oakland. PITT and Carnegie Mellon are right on top of each other. It does make for a lively area.