Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dtwjim

Detroit Sold for Scrap

6 posts in this topic

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46937

blurb..

DETROIT-Detroit, a former industrial metropolis in southeastern Michigan with a population of just under 1 million, was sold at auction Tuesday to bulk scrap dealers and smelting foundries across the United States.

I saw that and thought it was funny.

I wonder how true it is though. I wouldn't be surprised if some parts of the city were worth more in scrap materials than as they are now.

I got a good laugh out of it as well... the onion is great! I liked the little photoshop job in the back too with the ford sign. Oddly enough, I can't think of any big ford assembly plants within the city... Lincoln used to have a facility on the west side but that is gone now. So... that means that this story is probably not 100% accurate ;)

Detroit-Sold-Jump-C.article_0.jpg

I chuckled. Especially at the fact that Brush Park construction is shown in the first pic.

This was some tasteful comedy, something Detroit is rarely given. It's funny, because though exaggerated (that's what the Onion does), it has some roots in truth (i.e. Lee Plaza Lions and Roof...) I wonder how much of Detroit is in other cities at the moment? lol

That's a good question. I'm sure there's a lot actually.