More relief for north Bossier drivers!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea thats definately good to see.

I have yet another question for you Brian. ;) Would you say that Shreveport and Bossier City have been pro-active in solving and planning for traffic problems in the area, or have they slow to get things done?

Yea thats definately good to see.

I have yet another question for you Brian. ;) Would you say that Shreveport and Bossier City have been pro-active in solving and planning for traffic problems in the area, or have they slow to get things done?

Yes, they have been very proactive. I'm proud of the steps these two cities have made to ease the traffic problems as much as possible. In suburban south Shreveport, when SDI Realty of Houston wanted to build their large power center, King's Crossing, the city told them they would have to include a road on the south side of their property, linking Kings Hwy with Youree Drive, to take some of the strain off Youree Drive and put that traffic onto Kings Hwy, which is a much lesser traveled road. This has worked out quite well, although Youree is pretty much strained now as well.

Bossier City, with the projects I mentioned in the first post of this thread, along with the mile-long railroad overpass at Benton Rd, the parkway extension, and the other projects they have going on, I'd say they're doing a great job. Even Benton is stepping it up now, with plans to extend roads in that booming suburb to some Bossier City roads, in essence turning old rural, 2-lane country roads into thoroughfares which are also set to be widened.

Since Shreveport/Bossier/Benton/Haughton is growing so fast, what are the population projections for the area?

I don't know. For once someone has posted a question I can't answer... at this time. I'll research that a bit and see what I can come up with. I know that, between 2000 and 2003, Bossier City's population grew by 2.9%, the second-highest gain in the state behind Slidell (which was more than 4%.) Shreveport actually dropped by 0.9%, showing that at least 2% of Bossier's growth was new growth, and that up to 0.9% could have possibly migrated over from Shreveport.

I will look and see if I can find the projections to post here.

From this website, it appears Caddo Parish (Shreveport) is projected to lose population until 2005 (last year.) From then on, until 2020, it has this parish gaining a total of 24,810. That would be great, because I believe that would be the largest gain for Caddo Parish in many years.

Caddo parish Census projections up to year 2020

They have Bossier Parish (Bossier, Haughton, Benton) pojected to gain steadily each year, which I most certainly believe to be true. I also believe that their estimates for Bossier may be a bit conservative. I see Bossier gaining much more than that, but who knows. From 2005 on, this site has Bossier gaining 12,060.

Bossier Parish Census projections up to year 2020

Webster Parish (Minden) is projected to grow ever-so-slightly, but it should grow nonetheless. It is projected to gain 4,990.

Webster Parish Census projections up to year 2020

And last, but not least... they have DeSoto Parish (Stonewall, Mansfield, Keithville) projected to gain only 2470, and I also believe that to be a very modest number. I don't believe this is taking into consideration that DeSoto Parish is now starting to become one of Shreveport's hottest suburban areas. In my opinion, it should be about 3x that.

DeSoto Parish Census projections up to year 2020

The Louisiana Department of labor has the Shreveport-Bossier and Lafayette metros both gaining 28,000 jobs between 2000 and 2010.

Archived