Robinson film center to show off proposed downtown theater

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Finally Shreveport gets some big-city culture! They've done a great job on designing that space too. I just hope there are enough locals who enjoy indy/foreign films to support it. At any rate, this project is definitely going to help the West Edge to immerge!

Finally Shreveport gets some big-city culture! They've done a great job on designing that space too. I just hope there are enough locals who enjoy indy/foreign films to support it. At any rate, this project is definitely going to help the West Edge to immerge!

The market for these types of films seems to be growing, as more and more college-aged people these days tend to be interested in such. Shreveport-Bossier has one of the nation's best small Liberal Arts institutions, Centenary, so I would assume plenty of that school's students would make up a big part of that market. In addition, if La. Tech does wind up moving to Shreveport-Bossier, I think the future looks very bright for that theater.

Whoa, LA Tech moving to SBC? I hadn't heard about that one. :huh:

The prospect is being considered. It's not totally unprecedented, though, as Centenary packed up and moved to Shreveport back in the early 1900s.

But since a good number of Tech students and some faculty commute from Shreveport-Bossier, and since Shreveport-Bossier is by far the largest underserved city in the state as far as collegiate offerings go, discussions are ongoing about merging La. Tech with LSU-S. I'm not sure if this would totally eliminate the Ruston campus, but that does appear to be an option.

Archived