*River Center X Fest concert

*3 on 3 Basketball on Fourth Street

* Tough Man :tough: "Beat to Sleep" at the LSU Assembly Center on Saturday

And a New Tradition

*Sunday in the Park*

sundayparkqz3.png

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it was a great event this weekend. I found me a good spot on Sunday afternoon under a Oak Tree near the blues stage. Had a good time listening to the Neal Family do their thing. We need to bring back the Baton Rouge Blues Fest. If a new amphitheatre opens downtown, the Blues Fest would be a great way to get things started.

• 1 month later...

There's a debate on 225 magazine as to whether BR can do better than FestForAll. The article says that JazzFest and Lafayette's International Festival are not competetors but collaborators and that it's time for BR to have it's own festival. Two weekends, three cities, hundreds of performers, thousand of visitors to the state. Sounds good to me. I think it's time for BR to step up to the plate and have a major yearly music festival.

http://www.225batonrouge.com/news/2007/jun/28/rant/

There's a debate on 225 magazine as to whether BR can do better than FestForAll. The article says that JazzFest and Lafayette's International Festival are not competetors but collaborators and that it's time for BR to have it's own festival. Two weekends, three cities, hundreds of performers, thousand of visitors to the state. Sounds good to me. I think it's time for BR to step up to the plate and have a major yearly music festival.

http://www.225batonrouge.com/news/2007/jun/28/rant/

I agree. It would not take too much more money to raise the quality of the bands that perform at FestForAll. I have never heard of most of the bands that currently perform there. I think if a slightly larger investment is made to attract quality bands, FestForAll could explode in popularity.

Sunday in the Park coming back

Sunday in the Park, a free outdoor downtown concert series sponsored by 225 magazine, will return in October. Derek Gordon, CEO of the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, says plans are to hold the concerts every Sunday during the month. "The concerts were very well received and we're hoping to get an even better response in the fall," Gordon says. Plans are to hold the concerts in the same location, just outside the Shaw Center for the Arts. The start time will be slightly later, however. Gordon says the concerts will start no earlier than noon in order to give families more time to get downtown. No acts have been booked yet, but plans are to bring in a variety of musical acts.

*compliments of BusinessReport

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"September 30, 2007 - November 30, 2007: Stores opening soon!

Later this fall, come celebrate the opening of Perkins Rowe with live music, special events and the premier of the spectacular Rowe Showe. Check back here soon to find out when stores will open! "

507.bmp

"Baton Rouge Center for World Affairs, Inc presents

11th ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL HERITAGE CELEBRATION

Baton Rouge River Center

September 23rd

FREE, live music, food, dance, storytelling, native dress, flags, stage performances and educational booths representing over 40 countries provide a rich insight into the multi-cultural makeup of Baton Rouge. Entertainment, exhibits, food and visitors from around the globe will take center stage at the Baton Rouge River Center. Everyone can receive a free "passport" (stamped at each country exhibit).

Event t-shirts are availble for purchase.

Shop the International Market and dine at the Taste of Nations Food Court.

This event is made possible by hundreds of community volunteers eager to share their culture.

Event to be held rain or shine!"

Edited by dan326

• 3 weeks later...

Amen to that Cajun :w00t: That's the BEST LSU Football Game I have ever been to!!! Electric!!! Absolutely unbelievable! What coach goes for it on 4th down 5 times??? And get's them all! RB-Hester is a "Warrior"! :tough: Estimated crowds of 160,000-170,000 on and around campus!!! :shok: The new Mike the Tiger was introduced! LSU Ranked #1 !!!!!!!!

Southern U. had thier homecoming and a big parade that morning; large crowds there too!

No place like Baton Rouge!!! It was rockin' Saturday!

Edited by richyb83

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...