Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimebag1980

Two high-rise downtown buildings sold

5 posts in this topic

The Slattery Building, 17 stories, and the Lane Building, 10 stories, in downtown Shreveport have been sold to a businessman in Reno, NV for cash. Maybe he has plans for these buildings. I'll definitely be watching this to see if anything big unfolds out of it. Wouldn't it be nice if the 17-story building were to be renovated into condos?

downtown buildings sold

The Slattery Building, 17 stories, and the Lane Building, 10 stories, in downtown Shreveport have been sold to a businessman in Reno, NV for cash. Maybe he has plans for these buildings. I'll definitely be watching this to see if anything big unfolds out of it. Wouldn't it be nice if the 17-story building were to be renovated into condos?

downtown buildings sold

High-rise condos in downtown Shreveport would be incredible. And the retail development that could follow would be even more exciting (maybe a Starbucks or cool bistro?). Even if that's not what's planned for these two buildings, it's still exciting that a businessman in Reno sees downtown Shreveport as the place to invest. In my opinion, it's a smart move, people are about to discover Shreveport...really discover it; like Savannah after Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil hit big. It's finally starting to happen!

By the way, do does anyone know about a New Jersey-based company's plans to convert an older shreveport building into condos? I remember reading a brief article on that a while back, but I haven't seen anything else about it.

High-rise condos in downtown Shreveport would be incredible. And the retail development that could follow would be even more exciting (maybe a Starbucks or cool bistro?). Even if that's not what's planned for these two buildings, it's still exciting that a businessman in Reno sees downtown Shreveport as the place to invest. In my opinion, it's a smart move, people are about to discover Shreveport...really discover it; like Savannah after Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil hit big. It's finally starting to happen!

By the way, do does anyone know about a New Jersey-based company's plans to convert an older shreveport building into condos? I remember reading a brief article on that a while back, but I haven't seen anything else about it.

Very interesting. I haven't heard anythig about a New Jersey company planning anything like that, so this will be something to watch, no doubt. So far, I only know of local investors and the investors from Reno working to renovate buildings into apartments and condos. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be listening for anything that may pop up related to the Jersey-based company.

Any news for the Slattery and Lane buildings? or rumors?

Wow, I can't believe I let this slip by... weird!!

Nope, no rumors or news as of late, sorry!