Providence Sports

jencoleslaw

being at the bottom of the top 25 doesn't do much... they had an all american and couldn't even make the NCAA tourney.

i have pretty close ties to PC, while not having gone there. i want to see them win. their coach needs to be canned. period. they get a better coach, they'll have a winning team. last year they lost some pretty easy games against some teams they should have beat. the players aren't bad... the coach is.

They've had better coaches. They wouldn't (or couldn't) ante up and as a result had to let 'em walk.

Your criticism of McGrath is rather harsh. Couldn't make a shot to save his life? You're talking about the school's all-time leading 3-point shooter. :huh:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've had better coaches. They wouldn't (or couldn't) ante up and as a result had to let 'em walk.

Your criticism of McGrath is rather harsh. Couldn't make a shot to save his life? You're talking about the school's all-time leading 3-point shooter. :huh:

did you see him playing the past 2 seasons? he never came through for them. welsh depended on him and he didn't come through. but welsh insisted on starting him and not pulling him out when he should've. a good coach would've seen the weakness and benched the player (calhoun holds no bars if one of his players isn't coming through, he benches them). that's the difference between a good coach and a coach who plays favorites.

you would've also noticed that during gomes's last year, they always went to him because welsh didn't try to build up anyone else to replace him (other than donnie). so the ball always went to gomes or mcgrath. that's not how a team works. welsh isn't using the players for all they can be used for.

you would've also noticed that during gomes's last year, they always went to him because welsh didn't try to build up anyone else to replace him (other than donnie). so the ball always went to gomes or mcgrath. that's not how a team works. welsh isn't using the players for all they can be used for.

Maybe he could have went to Dwight Brewinton, oh wait he left the team to deal with his own issues. Donnie was the team captain. You stay with your guys when you dont have anyone else. No one is trying to dis credit Jim Calhoun (who should be the coach at PC), but isnt PC one of the programs that can consistently (with last year the exseption) beat UConn. I'm pretty sure that they tend to split the seris every year.

Maybe he could have went to Dwight Brewinton, oh wait he left the team to deal with his own issues. Donnie was the team captain. You stay with your guys when you dont have anyone else. No one is trying to dis credit Jim Calhoun (who should be the coach at PC), but isnt PC one of the programs that can consistently (with last year the exseption) beat UConn. I'm pretty sure that they tend to split the seris every year.

PC hasn't beat uconn for at least 2 years now...

Did I see McGrath play? I was at the DePaul game last year when Mejia was running rampant on us but McGrath hit the gamewinning final shot, does that count?

like i said... he can be good. but more often than not, he blew it... but welsh kept depending on him rather than building up the other players.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived