Good view of the New Orleans skyline

TSmith

I posted this on another board, but since I went through the trouble to take it, I figured I'd post it here. For every view of the New Orleans skyline that I've seen, I've never seen this view, which I believe is the best view of the skyline, capturing everything from the Superdome to the bridges...

100_0545.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great skyline shot, TSmith!

That is also one of my favorite New Orleans skyline views, and it's one that you really dont see often. Thanks for taking and posting it! :)

Thanks... Yeah, my next one will be a night time picture... might do that tonight or tomorrow night. Should be nice with the dome and bridge lights on.

Great Skyline pic ! That view really shows how elongated the Skyline really is . I know it's dense too , but with all those planned high-rise condo projects(Trump Tower) , that Skyline could be world class .

Yeah I really think it could. Trump will be just behind that shorter building to the right of One Shell. The others are scattered somewhat. It'll be interesting to watch it grow... for the first time in years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, if TSmith doesn't mind, why don't we turn this into somewhat of a New Orleans skyline views/picture's thread. :thumbsup: If you have any pictures, post them here. TSmith led us off with a great shot, and here are some of mine from the Causeway. :D

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Those are great shots there. I've always liked the one coming over the Causeway too. Just the other day, it was so clear that you could see it all the way from the northshore. Wish I had my camera.

Puddinhead... I think that is West Jeff H.S.... not positive though.

I have to rank New Orleans Skyline in the Top 15-20 in the U.S.

No doubt, Richy! I only hope the newer proposed towers help to make the New Orleans skyline not only taller but more attractive as well. more height and more attractive buildings will eventually help New Orleans break into the top 10 skylines, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the City of New Orleans a few weeks ago, headed out of New Orleans, and the view from the tracks on the west side of Pontchartrain is pretty cool! I must have been 20 miles from the CBD, but could still clearly identify One Shell Square, Bank One Center, and Plaza Tower. For just a few minutes on the ride, the 34-story Lakeway Center in Metarie aligned with the rest of towers in the CBD, as if it too were among the buildings in the downtown skyline. Too bad I didn't have a camera otherwise I'd post.

Wow that night shot is a oldie but a goodie. No Dominion Tower, no Claiborne/I-10 E exit, and look at all the lights on in the Plaza Tower. That place was pretty full apparently. I'd guess that's from about 1987 or so.

Wow that night shot is a oldie but a goodie.

Definately. I've always liked that shot. Same with many other pictures centered on I-10 running through the city with the Superdome and skyline just in the backround. I've been trying to find the shot that Fox 8 uses in the beginning of its newscast. That, and one shot that I saw a few months ago, that I can't find again. It's the skyline behind I-10, and the Superdome is lit up in red, white, and blue, so it was obviously taken around the '02 Super Bowl. I thought the Superdome looked awesome with those special lights. :D

Archived