Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

Mets Stadium Proposal

8 posts in this topic

Mets unveil model of new stadium. Facility will pay homage to New York and club's history. [MLB.com]

img_board1_450x345.jpg

img_board2_450x345.jpg

img_board3_450x345.jpg

img_board4_450x345.jpg

nice looking park! I went to shea a long time ago when I went to NYC, but dont remember much (Wanted to see the cubs play the mets)

I don't remember the sea of parking though.

Has anyone noticed how similar the new Mets and Yankees stadiums appear?

Mets Stadium

img_board1_450x345.jpg

New Yankee Stadium

new_yankees_3.jpg

Are the mets staying in Flushing still?

Yes, the new stadium is being built right beside Shea.

Closer to Long Island sound I see, that must be something, the gales coming off the sound in the fall could be brutal on a game, plus it is inching closer to the air traffic noise over at LaGuardia right? Still very very doable but I would have thought they would have considered it on the southside of the current Shea Stadium, then again you probably could get some great views being closer to the sound.

plus it is inching closer to the air traffic noise over at LaGuardia right? Still very very doable but I would have thought they would have considered it on the southside of the current Shea Stadium, then again you probably could get some great views being closer to the sound.

It's moving, ever so slightly, away from LGA, the airport is east of the stadium. It can't go to the south, there's not enough room, the 7 subway line, the Long Island Rail Road, and the Tennis Center are south of Shea. There is a large railyard between the 7 line and the Tennis Center, but I don't think it's large enough for a baseball stadium, and would certainly be more expensive to build over than a parking lot.

Ah true, I was thinking the approach was diagonal over the stadium. Thanks for the clarification.

Was unaware about the rail yard.