Density and Exercise

bzorch

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was an interesting article about the correlation between density and exercise.

Density is key to getting people to exercise more

That's a great article! There is tremendous value in the urban life style, and with density the urban life style is the natural result. And it doesn't have to be in the city center for that to happen. Planned dense neighborhoods outside the city center can work that way too. People will be healthier for sure. My daughter lives in the Lower East side of Manhattan. Of course, everyone walks there a lot. They have to, and you see few obese people there. You see fewer old people there that have walking difficulties. If you don't use it, you lose it! I think the vast majority of ageing suburbanites are losing it! They're just getting lazy and fat.

i was at a sam's club the other day thinking about this. every other person was overwieght or obese. not that i'm in the perfect shape, but i was saddened that our city is getting bigger (and not by population). it's true that we are a leading city in healthcare, but that doesn't mean that we have to use it all the time. i'm ready for anything to help curb this. and density would be a great part of the solution.

Archived