Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

razorbackfan

Employers in NWA

3 posts in this topic

This is just a post to see if I can possibly get some of my questions answered about employers in NWA. I know Wal-Mart has over 1.7 million world wide, but how many people do they actually employee in NWA? What about Tyson and J.B. Hunt, how many people do they employee in NWA alone? Also I know there are possibly thousands of Wal-Mart vendors in NWA, but is there a list out there anywhere that says what all vendors are here? I am looking for a list of the vendors but I can't find anything online. Also is the largest vendor P&G with 200 employees in Fayetteville?

This is just a post to see if I can possibly get some of my questions answered about employers in NWA. I know Wal-Mart has over 1.7 million world wide, but how many people do they actually employee in NWA? What about Tyson and J.B. Hunt, how many people do they employee in NWA alone? Also I know there are possibly thousands of Wal-Mart vendors in NWA, but is there a list out there anywhere that says what all vendors are here? I am looking for a list of the vendors but I can't find anything online. Also is the largest vendor P&G with 200 employees in Fayetteville?

I saw some rankings a year or two ago. I think Wal-mart was 1st and UA second with Tyson 3rd but I could be mistaken.

I could guess about how many employees work for the Wal-Mart Home Office, but there's also Wal-Mart ISD, which keeps growing and the WM Tranportation & Logistics offices, WM Benefits offices, WM Real Estate offices and who knows how many other WM offices here. Then there's the Wal-Mart stores, Sam's Clubs and Distribution Centers. I can tell you it's easily over 20,000 in just Benton County and that's probably way short. It's anyone's guess how many work at the coutless Tyson offices and plants. I can tell you that a new office tower is still under construction at Tyson Headquarters as is a new kitchen science building. JB Hunt just finished a new office tower, adding to their current Headquarters office tower.

Most of the vendors are in Bentonville and currently Bentonville doesn't require a business to register with the city. So other than word of mouth there's no way of knowing what vendors are here. You'd have to just drive around Bentonville and read all the business signs. One good source is some of the temp agencies in the various cities.