Jefferson Street scape project in the works

smeagolsfree

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know in Chattanooga there is a small amphitheater under one of the bridges next to the river. It really neat how they have done that. I would bet that Hankster could even get a photo of it. Hint Hint

It would be an interesting concept. But I should have said a virtual jazz club.

I don't have a picture that clearly shows the stage. It is located under the bridge in this picture. The zigzag walkway goes down to the stage, and there is access to the stage from the other side of the bridge as well. There is seating for about 500 people down there. The stage is located right in front of the large bridge support, and the seating coutours upwards like an ampitheater due to the sloping bank that exists. It is always used as one of the stages for the Riverbend Music festival which is held every June. It's a great event, and I encourage any of the Nashville forumers to come down and give it a try. You'll have a great time!

PB190698.jpg

• 2 years later...

Looks like the Jefferson St corridor make over might finally happen. The J.U.M.P organization received an $800,000 grant for street-scape improvements.

Organizers hope Jefferson Street cleanup changes reputation:$800,000 in grant money will go toward improving streetscape near I-40

• 7 months later...

Mayor Dean spoke yesterday about a "28th Ave Connector." Sounds interesting.. and definitely is needed. Right now there is not really a good way to get from West End to the Charlotte/Jefferson area. Hopefully they somehow incorporate mass transit into this plan.. that would be awesome!! Connecting all our major healthcare providers together.

A 28th Avenue connector, which would connect North Nashville to West End with a road linking "Baptist Hospital to Meharry, TSU and Fisk to Vanderbilt, Centennial Park to Hadley (Park)," Dean said.

The road would start at 31st Avenue and Park Plaza, next to HCA's offices, and extend over the CSX railroad tracks to connect to 28th and Charlotte. Construction probably would start in about two years, Dean spokeswoman Janel Lacy said.

Lewis Lavine, who helped lead the Nashville's Agenda project when it recommended the connector in 2007, said the road would bring together two areas that are closer as the crow flies than they are by car.

Archived