PawSox Talk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to grill in my backyard, wait, I mean parking lot, drink some beers, and then stumble down Division to see some PawSox games this spring and summer. What a great time that will be.

Love the Pawsox, but right now, I'm countin down the minutes till I get to plant my butt in my seats at Fenway. I'll save the Pawsox for the warm weather!

I am planning to ride my bike to a couple games at McCoy this summer, though. That will be cool.

Attractions coming to a McCoy near you this season: Craig Hansen, Manny Delcarmen, Jon Lester, Dustin Pedroia, and the beginning of Hee-Seop Choi's emergence as the next Big Papi. Oh, and Boomer Wells tonight. I'll be there. I'll certainly get drenched and probably sloshed as well, but I'll be there. Because I'm an idiot like that. And no, of course I won't be driving, why do you ask? But then again, I won't be walking either.

Attractions coming to a McCoy near you this season: Craig Hansen, Manny Delcarmen, Jon Lester, Dustin Pedroia, and the beginning of Hee-Seop Choi's emergence as the next Big Papi. Oh, and Boomer Wells tonight. I'll be there. I'll certainly get drenched and probably sloshed as well, but I'll be there. Because I'm an idiot like that. And no, of course I won't be driving, why do you ask? But then again, I won't be walking either.

Do they serve beer?

Attractions coming to a McCoy near you this season:

Is Lester the Red Sox's big pitching prospect? I'm not a Red Sox fan, but I thought I heard this. If it isn't Lester, which Paw Sox pitcher is it?

Someone at the Prov VA told me today that, I think its June 23rd, that they are having an "Old Timers" or "All Star" event, with folks from possibly Cal Ripkin to The Rocket there? Is this true? He said to buy tickets now, since they're going fast. Is this true, or is he pulling my leg?

- Garris

Is Lester the Red Sox's big pitching prospect? I'm not a Red Sox fan, but I thought I heard this. If it isn't Lester, which Paw Sox pitcher is it?

It's Lester. Left-handed starting pitcher. Or Craig Hansen, flamethrowing righty reliever. Both are starting the season at AAA. Hansen, especially, should be worth price of admission. Don't forget to check out the radar gun readings, located next to the foul pole in right field.

Someone at the Prov VA told me today that, I think its June 23rd, that they are having an "Old Timers" or "All Star" event, with folks from possibly Cal Ripkin to The Rocket there? Is this true? He said to buy tickets now, since they're going fast. Is this true, or is he pulling my leg?

Haven't heard about it, but wouldn't be surprised. It's a recent development, but the PawSox (as a franchise) are becoming pretty big fish as far as minor-league baseball is concerned.

As for tonight's game, I didn't get drenched, but I didn't get sloshed either, both of which proved to be surprises to me. And Wells got bombed. But as they say, there's no such thing as a bad night at the ballpark. :thumbsup:

Edit: and if they are having such an event as the one you mention, yes, I'd recommend getting tickets early. Like, real early. When the held the AAA All-Star game at Pawtucket -- two seasons ago, I think it was -- I bought my tickets 6 months in advance and still ended up with the worst seats in the house. Literally. Up behind the pressbox, where you can't see a blasted thing. But the ballpark only holds 10,000, so I guess that's not too surprising.

It's Lester. Left-handed starting pitcher. Or Craig Hansen, flamethrowing righty reliever. Both are starting the season at AAA. Hansen, especially, should be worth price of admission. Don't forget to check out the radar gun readings, located next to the foul pole in right field.

Lester is a better rprospect by nature of the fact that he is a starter. I could go on for days about this but I'm not sure we want to turn UP into a Sox disucsion board.

Hansen is actually starting in AA this year. The Sox have a lot of what are typically called AAAA players to fill the Pawtucket roster, and coming into the season they also had a considerable talent gap which would have left their AA team in Portland (checking out Hadlock field is a great keystone to a weekend up there, btw, at least for a baseball nut like me) with a bunch of chaff. So, because they had some players who could use some more AA seasoning, they held them back. This includes Hansen but also David Murphy and Brandon Moss (both OF). There are also rumors of Hansen being stretched out more in Portland meaning pitching more than one inning at a time. There is some talk that he might eventually convert to starting.

For actually PawSox players, the most interesting to watch in terms of prospects are Lester, Dustin Pedroia (who will be back from the DL soon, we hope), Manny Delcarmen (local kid), and soon the aforementioned Hee Seop Choi.

Check

Sox Prospects

Lester is a better rprospect by nature of the fact that he is a starter. I could go on for days about this but I'm not sure we want to turn UP into a Sox disucsion board.

For actually PawSox players, the most interesting to watch in terms of prospects are Lester, Dustin Pedroia (who will be back from the DL soon, we hope), Manny Delcarmen (local kid), and soon the aforementioned Hee Seop Choi.

Check

Sox Prospects

Hey, thats what this thread is for...Sox Talk!

the Pawsox are gonna have a good team this year...I like alejandro machado, and I definitely want to see what Pedroia can do at SS this year...if he can pull it together, he's got the inside track for the big club 2007.

And Lester...whew. If he can get back to throwing strikes, he looks awesome.

Haven't heard about it, but wouldn't be surprised... and if they are having such an event as the one you mention, yes, I'd recommend getting tickets early. Like, real early.

I wonder if this is it...

Monday

08/28/06

7:05pm

Legends Night

PawSox vs. the Red Wings

TBA

This event is sponsored by Verizon

I wonder if this is it...

Monday

08/28/06

7:05pm

Legends Night

PawSox vs. the Red Wings

TBA

This event is sponsored by Verizon

there's no chance Roger Clemens will come back to Pawtucket, the beotch...still can't stand him.

I think this is the 25th anniversery of the longest professional baseball game ever played...I heard Wade Boggs was in that game and is rumoured to come back for the anniversery.

No question. But Hansen lights up the gun, which was the point. He'll get some oohs & aaahs from the crowd, no doubt about it.

Hansen is actually starting in AA this year.

My bad. I thought we shipped him to Pawtucket, and I didn't double-check. Where did I put that horsehair shirt?

The Sox have a lot of what are typically called AAAA players to fill the Pawtucket roster,

Tell me about it. But Dustin Mohr would resent that comment. :lol:

I think this is the 25th anniversery of the longest professional baseball game ever played...I heard Wade Boggs was in that game and is rumoured to come back for the anniversery.

Friday, June 23rd is the date of this game.

25th Anniversary of Babeball's Longest Game

PawSox vs. the Clippers

there's no chance Roger Clemens will come back to Pawtucket, the beotch...still can't stand him.

There was talk a while back that Roger might rejoin Boston for one more year. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the beers are still $4 for a 16 oz. draft. You can't beat that ballgame price at any park anywhere.

Here are some photos which I'm finally getting around to uploading. I was mostly there to see the starting pitcher Jon Lester (who struggled, incidentally) so there isn't a lot of thought or composition in these. Also, I forget the image resizing tag so if someone PMs me with that (or I figure it out myself in the meantime) I will resize these so they don't screw up the screen.

Cotuit, I just put these on tinypic, if you think you might like the originals PM me and I will send them.

This is a view of the exterior from the Division St. side, approaching from behind the outfield walls. This is basically where I parked my car, in order to not get stuck in parking lot traffic. Of course, in April I shouldn't have worried about it.

vfjpfs.jpg

Getting closer, here is one of the greeting signs. I was running late and didn't stop to take a shot of the main entrance. This is behind center field.

vfjpzt.jpg

Walking through the main entrance brings you up to a concourse and outside eating area behind the left field foul line. Here is a pic of the outfield and scoreboard from that concourse.

vfjqr5.jpg

This is the seating bowl. For an evening game in April there are always empty seats.

vfjsr4.jpg

Which is a good thing for a baseball nut, since you can walk up to the ticket window (as I did) and get a seat like this for $9. That's front row right behind home plate.

vfjt37.jpg

Here's a generic picture of the main concourse. Prices have gone up over the last few years, but it's still about half of Fenway.

vfjtcn.jpg

Last, for Cotuit, especially, check out the taps:

vfjn1f.jpg

Yes, that's Bass ale on tap! $5.75 for a pint, though.

OMG Blue Moon on tap??? Do they give you an orange in it??

I know they did before, not sure about now. The first time I drank Blue Moon was at McCoy about two years ago, they had a promo going on. For buying the beer, I got a clear keychain with a blue light inside.

They won me over, I've been drinking it ever since.

Here's a generic picture of the main concourse. Prices have gone up over the last few years, but it's still about half of Fenway.

Yes, that's Bass ale on tap! $5.75 for a pint, though.

I'll have to try Blue Moon. I was drinking Michelob Amber Boch last time I was up there.

half of Fenway? Have you been to Boston lately? The seats I always sit in are up to $95 this year and its $20 for standing room. This is the cost of saving the old park, the smallest in major league baseball.

On those April evenings, I'd buy a GA ticket and just sit anywhere. :whistling: Just grab a beer and march on down like you've been there before.

I'll have to try Blue Moon. I was drinking Michelob Amber Boch last time I was up there.

half of Fenway? Have you been to Boston lately? The seats I always sit in are up to $95 this year and its $20 for standing room. This is the cost of saving the old park, the smallest in major league baseball.

On those April evenings, I'd buy a GA ticket and just sit anywhere. :whistling: Just grab a beer and march on down like you've been there before.

I meant the concession prices. Trust me I know every ticket price at 4 Yawkey Way

Archived