PawSox Talk

Makes you sick, doesn't it?!

sick probably isn't the right word. It does make me wonder who is affording the tickets. I think they should charge as much as they can but I'm pretty consevative on economics. I do know that even with the elevated ticket prices, there are still plenty of scalpers who find that they can make a profit charging three or four times as much money. It's kind of like home prices. Who the hell can afford this stuff?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG Blue Moon on tap??? Do they give you an orange in it??

They offer you the option of that or a lemon. Tasty stuff.

BTW, Craig Hansen has been promoted & is now in Pawtucket. The radar gun readings can be seen down the right field line.

Oh, and if you missed the game with the whole Delmon Young affair -- and I didn't -- well, let's just say the name Pawtucket has been in the news a lot the last few days, and people all across this great nation of ours have been wondering how to pronounce the word Pawx ... Pocketcut ... Pat ... that place. Either that, or they're wondering where the heck Rhode Island is. Or maybe it's both. :D

They offer you the option of that or a lemon. Tasty stuff.

BTW, Craig Hansen has been promoted & is now in Pawtucket. The radar gun readings can be seen down the right field line.

Oh, and if you missed the game with the whole Delmon Young affair -- and I didn't -- well, let's just say the name Pawtucket has been in the news a lot the last few days, and people all across this great nation of ours have been wondering how to pronounce the word Pawx ... Pocketcut ... Pat ... that place. Either that, or they're wondering where the heck Rhode Island is. Or maybe it's both. :D

So did that bat-throwing incident take place at McCoy? I saw the Sportscenter report on that at work yesterday and asked if it had happened in Pawtucket since I knew Durham had had a recent series here. They looked at me as though I had 3 heads. I guess they just didn't think it possible that a girl would know something (more than them) about baseball.

I'll have to try Blue Moon. I was drinking Michelob Amber Boch last time I was up there.

half of Fenway? Have you been to Boston lately? The seats I always sit in are up to $95 this year and its $20 for standing room. This is the cost of saving the old park, the smallest in major league baseball.

On those April evenings, I'd buy a GA ticket and just sit anywhere. :whistling: Just grab a beer and march on down like you've been there before.

Glad I found this thread! I've heard more about Pawtucket recently since the new single A affilliate of the Red Sox moved to Greenville. You all might find it interesting to know that our new West End ballpark is built as a mini replica of Fenway, with the exact field dimentions as the original, a "Green Monster" in left field, and a "Pesky Pole" out in right. It is very nostalgic! The great thing about this place is that no single game ticket is over $8, and GA is only $5. All around the ballpark, new development is setting the once-depressed West End ablaze with new life. Old abandoned brick buildings are turning into unique shops, restaurants, condos, and offices.

Greenville was home to Shoeless Joe Jackson (Black Sox Scandal) and the City has stepped up in a big way to honor his life and legacy as a great player. His old house has been moved next to the new ballpark and will soon become a museum.

A couple links to discussion, progress, and the before & after photos by a few UrbanPlanet.org members:

Discussion and Photos about the team - Great shots of opening night! :shades:

Construction Thread

A nice article in the Boston Globe

CIMG4726.jpg

CIMG4713.jpg

Photos courtesy of UrbanPlanet.org member, gsupstate.

BallparkGvilleNews2.jpg

Photo courtesy of The Greenville News

So did that bat-throwing incident take place at McCoy? I saw the Sportscenter report on that at work yesterday and asked if it had happened in Pawtucket since I knew Durham had had a recent series here. They looked at me as though I had 3 heads. I guess they just didn't think it possible that a girl would know something (more than them) about baseball.

Yes, it was at McCoy.

Every time I go to McCoy, I see places where I think they could squeeze in some more advertising. I'd love to see them get a huge banner of some kind on that concrete elevator tower on the RF side. An ad, a logo, something big, I don't care what.

They've worked wonders with McCoy, but it still needs a little more visual appeal in places.

One thing they've done this year, I noticed, is the addition of posters of great PawSox players and PawSox moments on the support columns on the main concourse (along with brief written explanations of the featured persons/events). Very nice touch, IMO. It's a little dreary down there, so it's great to see them finding relevant & engaging ways to liven up the view.

You all might find it interesting to know that our new West End ballpark is built as a mini replica of Fenway, with the exact field dimentions as the original, a "Green Monster" in left field, and a "Pesky Pole" out in right. It is very nostalgic!

Skyliner - that park looks great, but the field dimensions are not exactly like Fenway from looking at the photos. The foul territory has a different configuration at Fenway. If I'm ever in the Greenville area I will check it out, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be heading to two Pawsox games this weekend (Thurs. and Saturday). The minor league version of the Sox vs. Yankees rivalry (Pawsox vs. Clippers). I plan on having a few Michelob Ultra Amber's which are on tap and rare to find in RI.

Read through this thread. Cotuit & Recchia were talking about the Bass Ale and Blue Moon, neither of which I had tried before I read this thread, but both of which, after inspection, proved to be tasty offerings. Yeah, I'm not a fan of your average Bud. And SUjunkie talks about the Michelob Ultra Amber, which I will be sure to try next time I'm there.

Don't ask me why, but I'm shy about trying new beers on my own. Yeah I'm weird like that. :blink:

Call me a curmudgeon, but I try to avoid the fireworks days. It's always packed, the parking is expensive, traffic is a problem, the crowd is usually ... to put it nicely, very young. Meh. But see, I'm an odd sort. I like to say to myself, "Hey, I wanna go see a ballgame, I hope the PawSox are in town." And I walk up to the gate, and I buy the best single ticket available -- which, because it's Pawtucket, never costs more than $10. But that's not a "gameplan" that works well on fireworks days. :cry::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

is lester really ready for mlb?

this is the 1st year I haven't been to a pawsox game this late in the year, but lester should be pitching at mccoy imo.

i've had mic amber boch but not the mic ultra version. mic ultra absolutely sucks, unless you're running a race and it's being passed out in a paper cup labeled water in which case its completely acceptable.

and another rant and rave classified posting to include.... does anyone else consider watching a sox game equivalent to watching a full-length pbs telethon? Its a 3-hour commercial!

:o

Archived