• O'tooles
    • McFadden's
    • Other (specify)
  3. 3. Time

• 6:00 PM
    • 7:00 PM
    • 8:00 PM
    • Later than that

I don't drink, so I'd be the butt of jokes...

Sorry I couldn't be in attendance, too busy fishing The Grand. Don't worry, I didn't catch anything except some steel, rocks, and a dog I think Zen lost while walking... :dontknow:

Hey, Rizzo, I don't drink either - next meetup you and I can nurse a couple

of iced teas, sans Long Island. :thumbsup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't drink, so I'd be the butt of jokes...

Sorry I couldn't be in attendance, too busy fishing The Grand. Don't worry, I didn't catch anything except some steel, rocks, and a dog I think Zen lost while walking... :dontknow:

a dog?!!!?

well, thats more than i caught yesterday at the Flint

river, lol

alright, for the truants, here are the minutes of the meet-up:

Agenda:

drink and/or eat and talk

In attendance:

dbrok, downtown geo, grgridgirl and friend, grdadof3, nitro and spouse, jayblogger, and zenstyle.

(There may have been others later.)

Topics:

future fates of various downtown buildings, condo-conversion updates, local publications, speculation about real-life identities of Urban Planet posters, random talk and cross-talk, and more. Some hilarity ensued.

Next meet-up meeting place to be determined.

Your faithful scribe,

Zenstyle~~~

Bummed I missed it. I had the joy of transporting the wife to Detroit so she could see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill @ The Palace w/ my buddies wife.

On a plus note, she hit up Trader Joe's and got us some more wonderful Two Buck Chuck. :P

Hope to make it to the next GR-UP meetup.

I would have liked to go, but my brother graduated from MSU this past weekend. Maybe next time.

-nb

Mine too - I was in EL on Sunday for the Engineering graduation. Now he's moving to Phoenix. I am jealous. :)

Warm? :blink: Have you ever been outside in Arizona from May through October? Of course you haven't. No one has. :rofl:

http://www.weather.com/weather/print/USAZ0166

Quite true. But man - each winter that I am stuck here, the easier it makes it for me to look elsewhere (warmer) to live. As much as I love GR and the area, I think the 8 months of winter (usually, this winter wasn't nearlly as bad) will drive me someplace warm where I won't experience Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Quite true. But man - each winter that I am stuck here, the easier it makes it for me to look elsewhere (warmer) to live. As much as I love GR and the area, I think the 8 months of winter (usually, this winter wasn't nearlly as bad) will drive me someplace warm where I won't experience Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like winter to be about 1 month shorter on each end, but I'd hardly call it an 8 month winter. To each his own. Sorry that you feel you're "stuck here". -_-

Now that we're completely off topic, apparently on the first day of summer in Yuma AZ, they would fry eggs on airplane wings. :blink: Now that's too dang hot if you ask me.

I have friends that lived down there. They always said it wasn't that bad because it was a "dry heat".

My response was "So is an oven." :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I'd like winter to be about 1 month shorter on each end, but I'd hardly call it an 8 month winter. To each his own. Sorry that you feel you're "stuck here". -_-

Only "stuck" in the winter. Otherwise, there's no place I'd rather be. :)

And yes - we have moved quite OT. :)

Archived