Earth Day Clean Up

I finally have enough of the right information to start this thread. Here's the situation:

The overall clean up program is run out of the Providence City Year office. There are a variety of work sites already in place, and it appears that they are still accepting new sites. You'll have to email [email protected] for the conact info until I get official clearance to publish it.

These are the sites that I know of so far and the site leader:

--> Woodlawn (Arthur Plitt: [email protected])

-->Roosevelt Ave (Rhonda Gariepy: [email protected])

-->Town Landing (Jason Levesque: [email protected])

-->Pleasant View (No other info -- somebody post something!)

It's not yet official, but I am working with CY to create a Pleasant Street work site as well. As I said, they seemed open to additional sites, so take matters into your own hands. To be effective, you'll need to recruit.

Finally, I read this cool post from PVDJack about openplans.org and created a project wiki for earth day in the bucket. Please pass this along to any interested parties.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pleasant View Clean Up People and any other Earth Day Privateers:

[email protected] (BVTC) is looking for info on your efforts to include in the reports to the national orgs.

I've started to write up my wrap-up reports (I have 2 different ones to do - DEM and Keep America Beautiful). I'm trying to track down any/all pictures from Earth Day, as well as specific street names and specific locations from everyone who cleaned. I can get the bag amount from Jack, but he won't know what exact locations were worked on.

Also, what item did you find the most of, ie take out containers, tires (if you on the river), etc.

Any beautification projects/green ups? I know of the Iglesia Evangelica Hispana U.C.C. (planting, mulching, painting inside) and the New Hope shelter - but I don't know what was done there.

What about the Boys & Girls club project, and the Pleasantview cleanup? Any details?

Pleasant View Clean Up People and any other Earth Day Privateers:

[email protected] (BVTC) is looking for info on your efforts to include in the reports to the national orgs.

Hope I'm not getting back to this too late, sorry, it's been a extremely busy week.

As far as the Pleasant View cleanup went, we did all along Broadway from Exchange up to the John St. playground which is near Benefit. The playground was cleaned up, so was Winters school and many of the side streets off of Broadway. We had 100 volunteers, it was a great success.

As far as the Pleasant View cleanup went, we did all along Broadway from Exchange up to the John St. playground which is near Benefit. The playground was cleaned up, so was Winters school and many of the side streets off of Broadway. We had 100 volunteers, it was a great success.

Yeah and I only found ONE hypodermic needle! :whistling:

heh.. I actually had a great time.. the kids that showed up really worked hard and it felt great to get out and do something for a change. Seems like there's alot of talk but not as much action sometimes.

• 11 months later...

Archived