Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southernyank

Homeland Officer Beats Down Tourist

8 posts in this topic

Over Marijuana!?!

:shok: Why have I heard nothing of this case? Has this already been to the court or is it still awaiting trial?

As Zhao approached, a US Homeland Security officer later identified as Officer Robert Rhodes grabbed her. According to eyewitnesses, Rhodes sprayed her with pepper spray, threw her against a wall, kneed her in the head as she knelt on the ground and struck her head on the ground while holding her hair. Other Homeland Security officers joined him. Zhao said she told the officers she had legal documents, including a passport and visa, but they did not stop beating her.

Officer Rhodes said that a male African pedestrian had just been found to be carrying 3 to 4 pounds of marijuana and another officer told him to get the three women outside who were believed to be accomplices. When he approached the three, two of them fled and so he grabbed Zhao who stayed.

Both of her eyes were nearly swollen shut, that she had a large swollen area on the front of her forehead, that she had bruises around the eyes, and that she had a contusion high up on her forehead. She also complained of a scraped knee. At the present moment, Zhao says that she suffers from dizziness, headaches, ringing ears, back pain, an exposed nerve from the broken tooth nd insomnia. She is presently receiving daily treatment, and she has an extended visa since she is a material witness to a criminal case.

http://english.people.com.cn/200407/29/eng...729_151256.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/215860p-185740c.html

post-6496-1144430273_thumb.jpg

post-6496-1144430273_thumb.jpg

I remember hearing of this event, but not the details. That's really terrible. The only time even mace should be used if the subject is acting out of control, and I believe most officers are supposed to warn the offender before using it. Are homeland officers on different rules or something?? Reguardless, the beating of her was completely unnecessary. Those bruises don't look like they happened from falling to the ground. I hope that officer was punished.

For some reason, border control is just downright scary sometimes. Some agents act like major assholes. I go to Windsor, ON from time to time, and when heading back to Detroit they are so obnoxious.

I hate crossing the border, I don't know what is wrond with those people. It's always been bad, I can't beleive they are allowed to do basically whatever they want to.

This kind of stuff just pisses me off right to the core. The officers should be fired, barred from ever working in law enforcement again and charged with assault. Let them sit in jail for a bit so they can get over their superiority complex and learn a bit of self control. What idiots.

What the hell kind of right do these big "I have the power, fear me" cops have to go around beating people based on suspicion. Justice must be served.

I hate crossing the border, I don't know what is wrond with those people. It's always been bad, I can't beleive they are allowed to do basically whatever they want to.

Yah, I got scolded for having a toothpick in my mouth. Good grief. -_-

Oh God.. a TOOTHPICK? What the hell were you thinking, you idiot! I can't believe some people and the crap they try to pull crossing hte border.. a TOOTHPICK IN YOUR MOUTH? I can't believe you!

Nevermind that you probably had a pocketful of sharpened pencils and a few pens... not to mention your bare hands and fists..

Border control has a serious large oak branch stuck in their you know whats.

I got interrigated by a US Customs official when arriving from Frankfurt at the Charlotte airport in February. The guy wanted to know if my camera was registered with the Customs Service. I told him no. He then asked how he was to know if I had actually purchased the camera in Germany and didn't declare it on my form. I told him that it would have been stupid for me to buy a camera in a European country that uses the Euro when I could buy it cheaper at Target here at home. It went downhill from there.

At the same time, I've been ridiculed by customs officials for declaring things like digital cameras and "wasting their time"... cuz I have all the time in the world to make a connection flight and you are just rushing to make your 3pm coffee break.. you just can't win.