Going through Ft. Smith

bigboyz05

When I was going to Tulsa, I passed through Ft. Smith and it seems to be a pretty busy city. I got to Ft. Smith between 7:30 and 8 a.m. and the traffic was backed up on I-540. I didn't get to stop and check the city out because we were in a hurry to get to Tulsa. The next time I get up there, I'm definitely going to explore Ft. Smith and the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers area. I was wondering how much time do you think I'd need to spend up there to really get a good look of the area?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was going to Tulsa, I passed through Ft. Smith and it seems to be a pretty busy city. I got to Ft. Smith between 7:30 and 8 a.m. and the traffic was backed up on I-540. I didn't get to stop and check the city out because we were in a hurry to get to Tulsa. The next time I get up there, I'm definitely going to explore Ft. Smith and the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers area. I was wondering how much time do you think I'd need to spend up there to really get a good look of the area?

Hard for me to say because I can't say I really know a lot about Ft Smith. I used to go on occasion to go shopping before NWA had a lot of selection in shopping. I've been considering going down there myself one of these days and checking it out. But I guess I'll probably play it by ear because I really don't know where I need to go visit. Probably the high points on my list is to see the downtown area and some of the historical sites.

Thanks. As far as the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers area how much time do you think is adequate to explore the area and see the main points of interest?

Hard to say, what kinds of things will you be interested in? If you like seeing a lot of developments going on or construction you can go check out the Pinnacle Hills area of Rogers. Downtown Rogers is nice if you want to see a historical district. Of course the Squares of Fayetteville and Bentonville are nice as well. It's not a historical district but the square here in Fayetteville has some buildings dating back to the 1880's. Or are you just wanting to drive around and get the general layouts of the area for when your Mom moves up here?

Hard for me to say because I can't say I really know a lot about Ft Smith. I used to go on occasion to go shopping before NWA had a lot of selection in shopping. I've been considering going down there myself one of these days and checking it out. But I guess I'll probably play it by ear because I really don't know where I need to go visit. Probably the high points on my list is to see the downtown area and some of the historical sites.

Definately check out the Downtown, it's got a lot of history. There's also the Ft. Smith National Historic Site which has the regions old courthouse famous for Old Hanging Judge Issac Parker, and there's a trolley ride in the downtown area for a certain park as well.

Thanks, Mith and Mcheiss for your suggestions. Mith, I'd pretty much just want to see what the area looks like. You know, like driving down the main streets to get a feel of where things are located. I was thinking of even heading out toward the airport since I've heard there is a ton of development going on out there. Is your airport called Northwest Arkansas Regional or International? I've also requested relocation information from the Fayetteville, Springdale and Rogers chamber of commerce, so I should be getting that in about a few days. My mom is really excited about coming there and making a new start.

Thanks, Mith and Mcheiss for your suggestions. Mith, I'd pretty much just want to see what the area looks like. You know, like driving down the main streets to get a feel of where things are located. I was thinking of even heading out toward the airport since I've heard there is a ton of development going on out there. Is your airport called Northwest Arkansas Regional or International? I've also requested relocation information from the Fayetteville, Springdale and Rogers chamber of commerce, so I should be getting that in about a few days. My mom is really excited about coming there and making a new start.

The airport isn't international or anything quite that big. Glad your mom is looking forward to coming up here. As far as 'main' streets are concerned in Fayetteville I guess you could say I-540, College(71B) 6th St and Joyce are probably the main streets. This of course doesn't give you a great feel for some of Fayetteville's nicer areas but I guess it would give you an overall layout of the city. In Springdale I can say Thompson (71B and Sunset (Hwy 412) are probobly the two main roads in the city. You'll have to ask some of our Benton County guys on some of the ones up there. If you or your mom have any questions feel free to ask. I'm sure there is someone who should be able to answer them.

If you want to see some big developments going on in Rogers, just take I-540 from the Lowell exit all the way to Walnut/Walton Blvd Exit. There you will see over $1 Billion in Development.

Some of the main streets in Rogers are Dixeland, 71-B/8th Street, Walnut Street, New Hope Rd, and Olive Street. Bentonville includes Highway 102, Walton Blvd, Water Tower Rd, and Arkansas 72.

If you need any help on directions or anything, just give a shout out.

Archived