Boise Pictures Thread

Boisefan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boise's got alot going for it. Its a sunbelt city, its a state capitol, and its got an extremely low crime rate. Therefore, its economy is BOOMING! Its expected to grow by like 30% or so. I do think Boise is a nice city, but I will disagree with the comment made about the beautiful skyline; I think those hills look ugly as all get out, but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

Boise's got alot going for it. Its a sunbelt city, its a state capitol, and its got an extremely low crime rate. Therefore, its economy is BOOMING! Its expected to grow by like 30% or so. I do think Boise is a nice city, but I will disagree with the comment made about the beautiful skyline; I think those hills look ugly as all get out, but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

randy, randy, randy....

why all the passive-aggressive city hate? compliments laden with insults come across only as insults. <_<

I really like that first shot.

Here's a night shot from nearly the same angle:

9754cb9c21.jpg

This picture is absolutely beautiful! I love the way the city lights up in this shot. The city looks at least twice its size! :thumbsup:

Edited by ironchapman

I wasnt trying to cause any battles. I just simply stated that Boise was ugly in my opinion. I did mention that beauty was in the eye of the beholder. I did like the photos taken, especially the one at night when you dont see those ugly hills, no offense. I am entitled to my opinion and Im sorry that people get offensive to it. Its doesnt matter anyway, because Tacoma is way more beautiful than Boise will be anyday.

I wasnt trying to cause any battles. I just simply stated that Boise was ugly in my opinion. I did mention that beauty was in the eye of the beholder. I did like the photos taken, especially the one at night when you dont see those ugly hills, no offense. I am entitled to my opinion and Im sorry that people get offensive to it. Its doesnt matter anyway, because Tacoma is way more beautiful than Boise will be anyday.

Tacoma more beautiful than Boise? You are kidding aren't you? Seattle - yes, Tacoma - I don't think so. That city has to be one of the filthiest in the NW, along with having one of the highest crime rates. IMO. I've always heard Tacoma referred to as the "a-hole" of Seattle, not "in the shadow of Seattle". Perhaps you should consider changing your tag line. For someone not trying to cause any battles, you sure do a good job of it. Maybe you should stick to threads which you have something nice to say, and I'm not talking about compliments laced with insults.

That's it, I'm done responding to your snide remarks as much as I'd like to. Don't feel like letting you get me kicked off the boards by starting flame war. :thumbsup:

Edited by Boysee Boi

Well you did the good job starting responding to my comment. I don't know when the last time you were in Tacoma was, but we definately have something worth being proud of. And for the record, if you live in Boise, you do a bad job spelling it. I wonder if you get mail... LMAO...

:angry: Okay, you two, knock off the pi$$ing contest!

Randy likes Tacoma better that Boise, and that is his opinion.

Boysee Boi likes Boise better than Tacoma, and that is also his opinion.

I think both cities are beautiful in their own distinct ways. However, both cities are worlds apart when it comes to climate. Boise's climate is a semi-arid desert, so of course those "ugly hills" are brown for most of the year. On the other hand, Tacoma and the whole Puget Sound area is a rain forest compared to Boise. In fact, just to the west of Tacoma sits the Olympic Peninsula, one of the rainiest places on the planet. So, naturally, the mountains and hills around Tacoma are much greener.

As for which city is more beautiful, Randy said it best, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Hometown pride plays a part in that too. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow i'm actually really impressed with those pictures of Boises skyline. It seems to becoming along nicely. I had never seen the cities from those angles. It'll be cool to see where the future takes this city. It's definately poised to go the way of other Northwestern cities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone has been saying that. I really find it hard to believe, but I guess after millions of people telling me that Boise is better than I think, Ill guess Ill reconsider (remember Im from Seattle, and I think "liberal" Boise compares nothing with liberal Seattle, let alone "conservative" Seattle). None-the-less, I just had friend of a friend move over to Boise. He's gay and in a relationship with a cute Argentenian guy. LOL. I guess Boise just got two people that are minorities, gays and ethnic minorities.... LOL... Anyways, kudos to Boise.... I like tolerance! Anyway,

PICTURES!!!!

:yahoo:

Quick question, would you say it is more liberal than Spokane?

Edited by Randy@Tacoma