East Tennessee Picture of the Day

• 1 month later...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way this one photo looks in the background, looks almost like the scene you see when you are on I-26 in Johnson City, TN, heading southbound toward Asheville and looking southwestward. That mountain in the background looks very much like the one up here..... all its needs is a tower on it. :)

I need to get a photo and post it here.

P7010346.jpg

Edited by Tennesseestorm

• 4 months later...

I will. I do not get out as much now for photo taking, what, with work and everything. Hopefully one day I will win the lotto and be able to leave that dump they call work. :rolleyes:

The streets that those palms are located are the corners of Oak St and Yadkin Street- right behind the Renaissance Center near John Sevier Middle School... I am told. Someone else that lives in KPT took these photos.

Keep the pics coming. I dont get home anymore as I dont have any close family left up there. Its always good to see the pics.

BTW, where in Kingsport is the palm tree? What Street?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of pics I took in Chattanooga today. The first is some art near the TVA office complex.

P2161772.jpg

The second is a a view of downtown waterfront taken thru artwork recently added to Renaissance Park. Renaaissance park is a new park that is adjacent to Coolidge park on Chattanooga's North Shore.

P2161813.jpg

Good shots Hank. I really wish Nashville had more public art. What we do have seems to more trash than art. Sometimes the arts groups a little strange here. You know what I am saying after seeing some of it. I need to do a photo shoot of all the ugly statues we have here. Have you seen the dwarf fireman at the Symphony center? That thing is a joke.

Good shots Hank. I really wish Nashville had more public art. What we do have seems to more trash than art. Sometimes the arts groups a little strange here. You know what I am saying after seeing some of it. I need to do a photo shoot of all the ugly statues we have here. Have you seen the dwarf fireman at the Symphony center? That thing is a joke.

Not technically Tennessee....but this is my hometown Meadowview, VA....about 20 miles outside Bristol. They are currently redeveloping the old town square....built some new buildings that fit historical architecture of when the town was nothing more than a train stop. They have opened a new doctors office, community center, and a restaurant.

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Not sure I would call it a downtown area, hehe. Mainly its just a town square and you see most of it in the pictures. But yeah, what they have been doing is trying to keep with the heritage of the town. They are also trying to update and renovate the train depot into either a museum or arts center. They got the money to do all of this from VA Tobacco grants.

Not technically Tennessee....but this is my hometown Meadowview, VA....about 20 miles outside Bristol. They are currently redeveloping the old town square....built some new buildings that fit historical architecture of when the town was nothing more than a train stop. They have opened a new doctors office, community center, and a restaurant.

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Not sure I would call it a downtown area, hehe. Mainly its just a town square and you see most of it in the pictures. But yeah, what they have been doing is trying to keep with the heritage of the town. They are also trying to update and renovate the train depot into either a museum or arts center. They got the money to do all of this from VA Tobacco grants.

Yes, Meadowview is a quaint little town. I have been there a couple times years ago... my aunts father in law lives there and I went with her up there a few years ago. We are not too far from there.

Hankster... did you hear about the tornado that roared through Big Stone Gap, VA? Seems as if it caused widespread major damage.

Story here....

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news...03-05-0016.html

Then this happened in the Smokies....

http://knoxnews.com/news/2008/mar/04/trees...taken-hospital/

Edited by Tennesseestorm

I had not heard about the tornado in Big Stone Gap either. Interesting, much of this area is in the mountains and that area has a lot of deep valleys as well. The thing about BSG is that the town sits close to the top of some of those mountains and parts of it are built on reclaimed strip mines. They literally took the tops off a lot of those hills up there .I have not been up there in 10 or 15 years. Again, I have distant family in the entire area and know it pretty good.

• 5 weeks later...
Wow! I had not heard about this. I beleive tornados in your neck of the woods are somewhat rare? Am I correct on that? We were under a tornado watch down here, but about all be got was a bunch of rain. Glad we got that too.
Edited by Tennesseestorm

• 1 month later...

Well, since I (nor anyone) has been able to post any "photo of the day", I was out today and we took some that I thought I would share...

On the way to and from Elizabethton today, we snapped these photos... hope you enjoy!

These were taken heading to Elizabethton from Bristol...

elizmay08photo.jpg

elizmay08photo3.jpg

elizmay08photo2.jpg

These were taken headed back to my house in Bristol... these were taken on Highway 394 and Highway 421

bristolmay08photo.jpg

bristolmay08photo2.jpg

bristolmay08photo3.jpg

bristolmay08photo4.jpg

bristolmay08photo5.jpg

AND I took these around the house today....

100_8003.jpg

100_8017.jpg

100_8005.jpg

and one of the house in its spring mode...

100_8011.jpg

Edited by Tennesseestorm