East Tennessee Picture of the Day

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks RK. I like that one too, and i can't say that I've noticed it there in Knoxville before. Here's my next Chattanooga entry. Here's a view of downtown Chattanooga from Missionary Ridge. The mountain in the background on the left is Raccoon Mountain, the mountain on the right is Signal Mountain.

PB190639.jpg

Hankster I have to say you have shown me thus far I great set of pics. I really look forward to seeing more of Chattanooga. From what I see here it just blows em away how great of a downtown the city has. So very clean, modern, and sharp.

Again, thanks for sharing all these great pics!

Hankster I have to say you have shown me thus far I great set of pics. I really look forward to seeing more of Chattanooga. From what I see here it just blows em away how great of a downtown the city has. So very clean, modern, and sharp.

Again, thanks for sharing all these great pics!

I'm so impressed with the Chattanooga downtown as well. Until I moved here from Nashville, I didn't realize just how great it was. And, boy it's getting better every day! Here's another downtown view showing the Chattanooga downtown library, Krystal Headquarters, and the 13 story all-glass Tallan building built in 1982.

PB190659.jpg

Great pics flith! What sort of boat trip were you on?

@Tennesseestorm - I noticed you abscence. Great to know you're still around! Look forward to seeing you return to posting when time allows you too.

Wonderful shots Flith! I've never been on the River near Downtown. I love that shot of Museum Bluffs through the bridge.

This 6 story structure sitting at the busiest intersection in Cleveland is now known as the Landmark Building. This building was originally built in 1987 as the main headquarters for the Cherokee Valley Bank. The bank went defunct on 9/23/1994 leaving the building up for grabs. It was purchased in 1995 for $2.75 million by Steve

I just wanted to comment that Chattanooga is absolutely beautiful. Being from Memphis, it's important to have a good mix of history and the future, and Chattanooga definitely seems to have a healthy balance b/w the two. Keep up the good work, what a beautiful city. You put all other Tennessee cities to shame.

I just wanted to comment that Chattanooga is absolutely beautiful. Being from Memphis, it's important to have a good mix of history and the future, and Chattanooga definitely seems to have a healthy balance b/w the two. Keep up the good work, what a beautiful city. You put all other Tennessee cities to shame.

Thank you so much for your comments. Chattanooga is indeed an awesome place! Here's a couple more pictures for you:

The first shows the Sheraton Read House Hotel which has recently undergone a $9 Million refurbishing, and the James Building in the background.

PB190662.jpg

The next shot show my favorite of Chattanooga Buildings, the Dome Building built way back in 1892, in the background.

PB190663.jpg

Edited by Hankster