Peter's Creek Southside

suburban george3

Well, I thought I would split this off from the Peter's Creek Northside thread and include developments from I-40 south and start this topic since I saw so many zoning change request signs in this area right now.

Some updates:

Grading for WalMart is progressing at a steady pace. There was a zoning request for a smaller footprint gas island on the site than originally planned.

Lowes Hardware has submitted plans for their new store along with additional parcels for later development across from WalMart. However, they have asked for a continuance to change the plans so the whole parcel could be developed in one phase, not two.

Plans for new Lowes Hardware (links to a 9MB Adobe file! Could take a while to display if on a slow connection!)

The Forsyth ABC Store wants to expand by 2500SF.

Hubbard Realty wants to develop almost 100,000SF of commercial (offices, storage, etc.) Not sure exactly what they are planning, I tried to contact them today because this development will be between an existing apartment complex (Brannigan Village) and the New Parkside West development and would share entry points and interior roads.

Hubbard Planned development (links to a 4.91MB Adobe file! It could be slow if you are on a slow connection!)

Also, it looks as if Oliver's Crossing may add an additional store building plus signs went up for a First Community Bank on one of the parcels.

Lets not forget the Parkside developments, Holmes Creek Condos, Olivers Crossing Single Family, Townhomes, and Shopping Center. This side of town is really popping!

:D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the south side continues to dominate. i really didnt know that much commercial development was going on down there. i drove past clemmonsville road late last year and all i saw was large tracts of land being cleared...but i thought it was all for residential. but even then, just driving on Peters Creek, you can just sense the potential of it becoming a MAJOR corridor from downtown to Davidson. i'll have to visit the next time im home.

How far into north Davidson does the development extend?

Currently, there are few commercial developments in North Davidson. But there are several large up-scale residential developments being built. Most combining townhomes, clusterhomes, and mid to upper level single family houses. I will have to do a drive thru to get the names of all the developments, but things are getting thick between the county line and Arcadia.

Of the commercial developments I am aware of are office/shoppes behind/around the Henry James Restaurant which is supposed to be some type of commercial/residential development and a large senior care center further down towards Arcadia.

As the population starts to spike here, I would expect more...

• 3 months later...

so i guess the Hubbard proposal finally gets the go ahead. Im really not understanding the city/county planning board reasons for recommending denial. these types of developments should be on main thoroughfares. Isnt Peters Creek MOSTLY retail anyway?

Peter's Creek north of Clemmonsville Rd. is mostly retail (except for one Apartment complex.), south of Clemmonsville it is mainly residential(Twin Cedars, Wilshire, Laurel Park, Olivers Crossing, Parkside East and West, Brannigan Village Apartments and Holmes Creek Condos with some institutions; Grace Baptist and Pinedale Christian Church; and a small amount of commercial a Wilco, car wash, used car lot, Wilshire golf course, dry cleaners, day care, and then Oliver's Crossing Shopping Center.) But that is changing, there is the development of WalMart and Lowes at the Peter's Creek/W. Clemmonsville Rd MAC(Metro Activity Center) and now this development, which I'm not sure will be successful but like the sound of it. The only other use for this property which I also would have embraced would have been for a public park, as the land is oddly graded and situated. I will try to get a pic of the land in the next few days.

There will be 650 housing units within 1/4 mile and the center is "supposed" to be very pedestrian friendly. I hope we do see more dining options and services in this area. Residential growth immediately around the site plus south into Davidson Co is absolutely rocketing and it's nice not having to drive back up to Parkway Plaza or Hanes Mall Blvd. I just hope Peter's Creek doesn't turn into Hanes Mall Blvd with residential on it.

BTW, completely off topic here, you must be like me tonight and can't sleep, it's just after 3am as I post this!

:shok:

• 3 weeks later...

Took some pics documenting the growth on Peter's Creek to the county line. I'll try to get down below the county line in the next week or so. Not all commercial pics, several residential.

P7300397.jpg

New CVS Pharmacy, just recently opened.

P7300398.jpg

Peter's Creek WalMart

P7300399.jpg

Holmes Creek Condos(if I remember correctly, 300 units here...)

P7300400.jpg

Parkside West Monument

P7300401.jpg

Parkside West Townhomes

P7300403.jpg

Parkside West Single Family Homes, Parkside West isn't as populated as Parkside East since it was started later.

P7300412.jpg

Parkside East Monument

P7300413.jpg

Parkside East Townhomes

P7300415.jpg

Parkside East Single Family Homes, between both Parkside developments, approx 500 units.

P7300402.jpg

On this hill and to the right is where Hubbard is going to develop a new shopping center. This site is between Brannigan Village Apts and Parkside West.

P7300405-1.jpg

Oliver's Crossing Shopping Center, full now but an additional building for shops, a First Community Bank Branch, and a doctor's office bldg. are all slated to be built there.

P7300406.jpg

The Towns at Oliver's Crossing Monument

P7300407.jpg

Townhomes at The Towns at Oliver's Crossing. Approx 100 units, development almost complete.

P7300416.jpg

Oliver's Crossing Monument.

P7300409-1.jpg

Oliver's Crossing Single Family, 77 units all built, 3 spec homes still available.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!!

Nothing yet, not even surveying stakes, at least visible from the road.

Still no construction activity yet at the Lowe's Hardware site. However, a real estate sign has gone up advertising 35+- acres for sale next to the WalMart and Lowe's sites. So let the floodgates open, a new commercial district in Winston is being born!!

I would've thought Wal-Mart would have started earlier on the construction and built the store faster and have it open in time for going back to school since they usually make a killing at this time.

That may have been the original plan, but W-S put a moratorium on "big-box" development while they decided upon guidelines for their development. WalMart probably had to shelve this store while the city put together their guidelines. I have heard rumors that they are trying to get open by November. If they push it, they might and get some Xmas business.

That may have been the original plan, but W-S put a moratorium on "big-box" development while they decided upon guidelines for their development. WalMart probably had to shelve this store while the city put together their guidelines. I have heard rumors that they are trying to get open by November. If they push it, they might and get some Xmas business.

Well even if they open by Christmas time they still have pushed it because I was over there in May and they hadn't even layed the foundation yet. I'm glad Winston put a moratorium on these types of developments becasue they have gotten unsightly and looked like crap when they've been built.

• 1 month later...

The WalMart is coming along on Peter's Creek! Noticed today that they've put parking lot curbing in and started planting trees. A lot of brickwork has been done and the walls now all look done. They are unloading at the loading docs and have done some limited paving. Will try to snap a pic this afternoon on the way home from work!

Still nothing on the Lowes site.

They have started grading for the new doctor's office/pharmacy at Oliver's Crossing Shopping Center.

• 3 weeks later...

i think its about time for a photo update on the new retail on Peters Creek and HMB. any volunteers? lol

I'll try to hit Peter's Creek this week, I had already planned to but have been curled up in bed sick this week. The WalMart is coming along nicely and I'm expecting to see activity at the Lowes Hardware site soon.... Also, they've broke ground on the new doctor's office/pharmacy and First Community Bank.

I'll try to hit Peter's Creek this week, I had already planned to but have been curled up in bed sick this week. The WalMart is coming along nicely and I'm expecting to see activity at the Lowes Hardware site soon.... Also, they've broke ground on the new doctor's office/pharmacy and First Community Bank.

If SubrubanGeorge 3 is planning to do Peters Creek, then I will do Hanes Mall Blvd.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I haven't forgot my picture commitment. I've taken them and will try to get them posted tonight! Lot's of rumors/happenings on the Peter's Creek corridor. Here's what I've heard but I don't have confirmation on many:

- Walgreens is building at the intersection of NC 150(Peter's Creek)/Hickory Tree/Old Salisbury Rd where Piedmont Fence currently is. There is a sign up. This is in Davidson Co, just across the line.

- Supposedly Sheetz and Starbucks is scouting land south of I-40 to the Walmart area.

- It is rumored Ruby Tuesday's is going to build in the WalMart/Lowes Hardware development.

- Target is rumored to be in talks to buy out the KMart shopping center.

- The spec building next to Graybar has something going in part of it, however I can't find out what yet.

- Some earth moving equipment has been unloaded at the Lowes Hardware site. No activity yet.

Like I said, most is rumor but I've got decent sources!

Finally, late, but as promised; pics of development on the Peter's Creek Corridor!!

PA140124.jpg

The Salvation Army Thrift Store has taken the last empty spot in the KMart Shopping Center. It has been open for a couple of months now.

PA140125.jpg

The new WalMart is coming along. Doors have been installed and the paint scheme is being applied. Nothing much apparent on the interior yet.

PA140128.jpg

Ground is being prepped for the new First Community Bank at Oliver's Crossing.

PA140129.jpg

The new Friedburg Family Practice and Marley Drug building's foundation has been poured. Framing has been started since this picture.

PA150130.jpg

The signs are up! Walgreens is coming to the Peter's Creek/NC150/Hickory Tree/Old Salisbury Rd Intersection. It will be built on the site of Piedmont Fence.

Will keep you updated as progress continues!

Archived