Peter's Creek Southside

suburban george3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought this would fit better here since no retailers have been announced and it is a mixed use development.. The Tetras Cos. wants to build a $65 million dollar mixed use 'new urban' style development next to the new Super WalMart on West Clemmonsville Rd. off Peters Creek Parkway.

The project will include retail, office, and apartments with internal parking lots and a 'Main St.' feel in the retail areas. There would be 30,000 sq. ft. of retail, which would compliment the WalMart and Lowes Home Improvement, plus 4 or 5 pad sites for restaurants or banks. There also will be 250 apartments with a clubhouse, pool, and business center.

Construction should start in 2008, but scheduling will be dependant on the city completing the West Clemmonsville Road project. That is also scheduled to start in '08.

This should really help keep things growing at this MAC. :thumbsup:

WSJ Article about Tetras Development on W. Clemmonsville Rd.

• 2 weeks later...

this side of town is really growing and fast. There are many new communities growing and coming up in this area along peters creek, clemmonsville and on into davidson county. Now all that needs to happen is for more restaurants and retail to come into this area and it could become like the University Pkwy/Hanes Mill area but better. This is a great place to live due to its convenience to downtown, the hanes mall commercial area and its convenience to basically all major highways. i can see plenty coming out of this area...it already seems to be popular with young adults and new familes especially due to its affordable pricing...there are many young people down there.

Hopefully this and the new baseball stadium will bring life back into Peters Creek Parkway which has gone down in recent years.

PS...i did here that a Olive Garden is supposed to open on near the Lowes and Wal-mart....lets wait and see

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

George, you being a resident of that area, how do you feel about this development? IMO I'm tired of these faux village developments that try to be urban. I don't think I've seen a developer create a true mixed-use village in the middle of an emerging retail district that is sustainable.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...s=1037645509111

School officials have already started design on the elementary and middle schools, which are scheduled to be finished in 2009. :o

I believe this is where the new schools will be located (the blue shape):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...;mid=1202279101

Updates on Developments:

WalMart Shoppes:

P2160192.jpg

P2160191.jpg

P2160190.jpg

P2160189.jpg

P2160188.jpg

P2160187.jpg

P2160186.jpg

P2160185.jpg

P2160184.jpg

P2160183.jpg

P2160182.jpg

P2160181.jpg

Sheetz:

P2160180.jpg

P2160178.jpg

McDonalds:

P2160179.jpg

Oliver's Crossing Expansion:

P2160174.jpg

View from inside Olivers Crossing, looks like you can access the shoppes from the back, kind of a strange design but I guess the developer wanted the store fronts to face Peters Creek.

P2160175.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, will take more as significant changes are apparent

Archived