Peter's Creek Southside

suburban george3

Thought this would fit better here since no retailers have been announced and it is a mixed use development.. The Tetras Cos. wants to build a $65 million dollar mixed use 'new urban' style development next to the new Super WalMart on West Clemmonsville Rd. off Peters Creek Parkway.

The project will include retail, office, and apartments with internal parking lots and a 'Main St.' feel in the retail areas. There would be 30,000 sq. ft. of retail, which would compliment the WalMart and Lowes Home Improvement, plus 4 or 5 pad sites for restaurants or banks. There also will be 250 apartments with a clubhouse, pool, and business center.

Construction should start in 2008, but scheduling will be dependant on the city completing the West Clemmonsville Road project. That is also scheduled to start in '08.

This should really help keep things growing at this MAC. :thumbsup:.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took some pics of development along this way today...

New Goodwill Center:

P1190019.jpg

P1190020.jpg

West Clemmonsville/Stafford Village Rd construction underway?

P1190021.jpg

P1190022.jpg

the other side, at the intersection of Old Salisbury and West Clemmonsville..

P1190025.jpg

P1190026.jpg

P1190027.jpg

The curvy fancy lightpoles are up at WalMart, have been up, but still not being utilized...

P1190024.jpg

P1190023.jpg

New 'Breakfastville' and 'Captains Galley' Seafood @ Hickory Tree Crossing (behind Walgreens) not open yet, but they are hiring..

P1190029.jpg

Hickory Tree Veternary Hospital has moved into their new building across from Foltz Concrete..

P1190030.jpg

And a spec commercial building in Miller's Crossing..

P1190031.jpg

I did discover the 'Old World Meat Market' today in the little strip next to Hungry Howies, great meats, great prices, plus the carry Italian meats and sausages from Giacamo's Italian Market in Greensboro with many Italian products in house. Plus Homestead Creamery milk and butter! mmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

this area is growin quickly and I am glad the stafford village is moving forward.....this is a great area for young people that want nice apartments, townhomes and condos in a calm, suburban area but with all the amenities and close downtown location. Hope growth on this end and the upcoming baseball park will greatly revitalize Peters Creek and bring some interesting development.

this area is growin quickly and I am glad the stafford village is moving forward.....this is a great area for young people that want nice apartments, townhomes and condos in a calm, suburban area but with all the amenities and close downtown location. Hope growth on this end and the upcoming baseball park will greatly revitalize Peters Creek and bring some interesting development.

• 2 months later...

Bob King Mitsubishi has acquired the old Unfinished Furniture Bldg next to Dunkin Donuts at I-40. They have been making renovations.

Also, even though Quizno's is still on the sign at the Shoppes at Walmart, all the available spaces now have for lease signs in them. The sign for 'Quizno's coming soon' is gone. I guess a victim of the economy?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The West Clemmonsville Road Ext will soon be complete! The progress is quite stunning. Here are a couple shots of the fresh payment taken a few weeks ago during a bike ride.

Looking towards Old Salisbury Road:

DSC04904.jpg

Looking towards Old Salisbury Road:

DSC04905.jpg

Looking towards Peters Creek Parkway/Walmart:

DSC04908.jpg

The equipment is parked behind Lowes Hardware:

DSC04909.jpg

Walmart in the distance:

DSC04912.jpg

Looking towards Peters Creek Parkway:

DSC04913.jpg

Holmes Creek Condos, which is to have 15 buildings, has stopped at 4 and Fox8 is reporting that the builder's developments in the Triad are having issues. Management companies are dropping Kavanagh Homes' development's HOA's due to non-payment, the developer has quit maintenance and sent homeowner's letters saying all upkeep is now their concern, building materials are scattered about, and clubhouses have had utilities cut-off. Read the FOX8 article here.

• 4 months later...

The Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area reported today that Chick-fil-a will open two stores in the Triad area this summer. One will be located in Burlington, just off of Interstate 40/85. The Construction on another corporately owned location in Winston-Salem will start in mid-February. The restaurant will be located on Peters Creek Parkway, in the 27127 zip code, but no exact address for the location as been released. It will likely open in June or July.

The Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area reported today that Chick-fil-a will open two stores in the Triad area this summer. One will be located in Burlington, just off of Interstate 40/85. The Construction on another corporately owned location in Winston-Salem will start in mid-February. The restaurant will be located on Peters Creek Parkway, in the 27127 zip code, but no exact address for the location as been released. It will likely open in June or July.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting to see some new sit-down restaurants in this area because there needs to be places for people to go eat dinner without always having to go all the way to the mall. I assume as the Stafford Village begins to build out this summer we shall see more of these kinds of restaurants, since the builders plan to concentrate on the apartments in the first phase. I guess they hope that by the time they move onto retail and commercial, the economy will be better and they will have an easier time attracting new businesses.

I would suggest someplace like Uno's or Smokey Bones since they are restaurants not currently in Winston-Salem.

• 2 weeks later...

There is new construction started at Oliver's Crossing Dr (Across from the shopping Center) and Peters Creek Pkwy. A site plan had been submitted for this site some months back and I believe a fast food restaurant was shown for this area. Bojangles has been looking down this way, but I have no confirmation on them being the builder. Traffic lights have been adjusted at the intersection as well (left turn signal/trigger for PC southbound.)

• 3 months later...

The Chick-fil-A's grand opening is scheduled for July 1st. After it opens there will still be room for another establishment to open next door. It would be nice to have sit-down restaurant in that area (ie Applebee's).

There is some buzz that there is a developer who is looking for easy money without any regard in promoting quality development for South Winston-Salem and its neighborhoods. He does care about quality of life issues such as crime and traffic congestion brought on by poorly designed commercial development. This individual has tried to sabotage the meetings of the Citizens Advisory Committee in their pursuit to have all of the land on both sides of Peters Creek Parkway north of the Walmart/Lowes stores to West Clemmonsville Rd. recommended solely for commercial zoning in the South Suburban Area Plan. Apparently he would like to build a strip mall-type development.

There will be a public meeting regarding the South Suburban Area Plan Tuesday, June 29th at 6 PM, Pinedale Christian Church, Family Life Center, 3395 Peters Creek Parkway.

At first when I read this article I was like...they should be excited about new development in this area. I really do think this area is going to really blossom in the coming years.

Anyways, when I found that the developer is the owner of the Southpark Shopping Center up the street I realized what the issue is. That shopping center is quite ugly in design and doesn't have a highly interesting mix of retailers. I would only go along with this developer if he had a list of highly interested retailers that were planning on locating in this new development. With the new Stratford Place (or whatever it is called) going on beyond the new Wal-Mart this area is prone to attract some nice stores. I know that residents want more upscale stores but that isn't going to happen in this middle-class area. Upscale should be left to areas like Stratford, Hanes Mall and Jonestown area, as well as maybe Clemmons.

If the developer gets the zoning approval I could see something like a Kohls, TJmaxx, maybe REI as some anchor stores or at least on that level.

I noticed a new restaurant sign within the Oliver's Crossing Shopping Center. Gratzi's: Pizza Pasta Subs is the new signage. It is located in the space that Luigi Italian Restaurant abandon a few months ago. Looking forward to another restaurant!

pizza.jpg

Archived