Peter's Creek Southside

suburban george3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW! Lowe's Hardware is working fast on the Peters Creek site. 2 of the 3 houses have been removed, all trees are gone, large earth moving equipment is on site, the contractor trailer is set, large drainage pipes have been delived (quite a few I might add), and serious grading has begun. They appear to have more machinery on site than the WalMart crew did!

:shok:

• 4 weeks later...

Traffic light alert!!! If your travelling down Peter's Creek near the new Wal-Mart, they have already installed the traffic signals, there is much work going on inside the building but no stocking yet. They are also still working on the outside as well. It has changed quite a bit, I will try to get some more pix.

Also, they have started tearing down the old Piedmont Fence for the Walgreens @ 150/Old Salisbury/Hickory Tree intersection.

BTW, as of 12/5 that traffic light is IN SERVICE! I was shocked since the store is nowhere near opening. However, I found it interesting that all windows/doors are now covered where you can not view inside the store.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm late posting based on the last thread... here are some pics of things going on in the Peters Creek area...

PC160240.jpg

WalMart almost done!

PC160239.jpg

You don't see it in these pics, but except for Xmas, the parking lot has been full with workers finishing the store. Projected opening date is rumored to be 1/22/07. There is a banner on Peters Creek saying "Taking Applications."

PC020189.jpg

Tearing down the old Piedmont Fence Co. for Walgreens...

PC020188.jpg

Another shot of the Walgreens site.

PC020186.jpg

The First Community Bank location at Oliver's Crossing.

PC020187.jpg

The doctor's office/Marley Drugs location at Oliver's Crossing.

If the weather's good tomorrow, I think I'll be in a picture takin' mood across town! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pictures. I live in West Salem but work on the north end of town, so I never seem to get down by this site in the daylight hours.

I tell you...if they build a Target to go with the Wal-Mart and Lowes, my wife and I will never have to go to Hanes Mall Blvd. again!!! :P

With the demographic shift in the surrounding neighborhoods, Compare should be a good fit in Parkway Plaza. This was an interesting Lowes Foods, before their "FreshSmart" concept they now build everywhere. I also remember the aisles in the store were set "horizontally" instead of "vertiiically."

They did eventually change that set-up...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flow Motors has announced that it is going to build a Land Rover/Jaguar sales center on Silas Creek Parkway next to its VW/Audi/Porsche center. They are also now going to represent the brands in Greensboro. How many more makes can Flow get before they monopolize Forsyth/Guilford?

WSJ article about the NEW Flow Land Rover/Jaguar

Archived