Peter's Creek Southside

suburban george3

The WS/FC Planning Board is set to approve more construction around the WalMart on Peter's Creek Parkway. These are small shops that adhere to design guidlines (including a second story) that were set when WalMart got the approval to build here. No names on tenants, but there is outdoor dining areas and a drive-thru.

WS/FC Planning Board Documents with Site Plans for Shops at WalMart on Peter's Creek.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PICTURES!!! :camera:

Lowes Home Improvement Center on Peters Creek/West Clemmonsville

P3120212.jpg

P3120211.jpg

P3120208.jpg

P3120207.jpg

P3120206.jpg

New buildings @ Oliver's Crossing Shopping Center off Peters Creek.

Friedburg Family Medicine and Marley Drug/Medical Supplies (not yet opened, Marley Drug is moving in 3/16)

P3120205.jpg

First Community Bank's OC branch

P3120204.jpg

Will take more of the Lowes/WalMart area as constuction progresses...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Part 2, Peters Creek/NC 150 area:

Lowes Hardware Peters Creek:

P5070029.jpg

P5070031.jpg

P5070032.jpg

WalMart Supercenter Gas Pumps Peters Creek:

P5070030.jpg

Walgreens NC 150/Old Salisbury Rd/Hickory Tree Rd. intersection:

P5070033.jpg

P5070041.jpg

Expansion to Food Lion Shopping center at NC 150/Old Salisbury Rd/Hickory Tree Rd:

P5070039.jpg

Office Bldg next to Food Lion Shopping center:

P5070040.jpg

Miller's Creek Development (about 1/4 mile south of NC 150/Old Salisbury/Hickory Tree Rd. intersection:

Triangle Fitness

P5070035.jpg

Shoppes including Hungry Howies Pizza

P5070034.jpg

Office condos

P5070036.jpg

Piedmont Fence's new location (they used to be in the location Walgreen's is building at)

P5070037.jpg

storage complex

P5070038.jpg

Is it just me - but how scary are those pictures? I hope this isn't being seen as progress. I thought there was supposed to be a city-wide land-use development strategy to keep this kind of sprawl from happening in Winston-Salem. The city's beginning to look less and less like W-S and more like some of its neighbors.

Is it just me - but how scary are those pictures? I hope this isn't being seen as progress. I thought there was supposed to be a city-wide land-use development strategy to keep this kind of sprawl from happening in Winston-Salem. The city's beginning to look less and less like W-S and more like some of its neighbors.

thanks for the updates.

all of these developments are in MACs. the Lowes/NC150 areas are sprawly now, when theyre actually the beginnings of commercial centers... similar to HMB and University Pkwy. years down the road they should be pretty dense once the out parcels are fully developed. West Robinhood Rd. has also been designated as a MAC. a mixed-use development is scheduled to break ground there in about a month.

i like the architecture of kelley's development and Little Creek.

• 3 weeks later...

Some updated pics of Walgreens/Lowes on Peters Creek/NC 150.

P5250089.jpg

P5250090.jpg

P5250091.jpg

P5250092.jpg

P5250093.jpg

P5250094.jpg

P5250095.jpg

They have started paving in the Lowes Home Improvement center and put the curbing and driveway cuts in. They are also adding lanes to West Clemmonsville Rd. Extension to accomodate traffic. I have heard of July 1st or 15th being an opening date... I would say the latter so the store doesn't have to stock July 4th merchandise...

• 3 weeks later...

I think the additional building next to the Whole Foods on Robinhood is additional commercial space, I haven't heard of any big name tenants there myself (folks, feel free to correct me!) I also haven't heard anything on a P.F. Chang's coming here, but I wouldn't be surprised if were on their radar for future expansion.

I was told this weekend that they have accelerated the opening date of the Lowes Home Improvement Center on Peters Creek. Some of the contractors came by my yard sale on their way to work there Saturday and they told me that the schedule had been moved up quite a bit. However, they wouldn't tell me a date... The lot is paved and exterior signage has been placed.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived