Tuscany Square Development in Rogers

mcheiss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is, that its about time starbucks came into the Market.

There will be four true starbucks plus 2 in Barnes in Nobles in the NWA Market.

Highway 102 and Walton Blvd in Bentonville

Shopps at Pinnacle Hillls Development in Rogers

Nelson's Crossing Development in Fayetteville

All I can say is, that its about time starbucks came into the Market.

There will be four true starbucks plus 2 in Barnes in Nobles in the NWA Market.

Highway 102 and Walton Blvd in Bentonville

Shopps at Pinnacle Hillls Development in Rogers

Nelson's Crossing Development in Fayetteville

I've heard people predicting Starbucks won't do too well in the Fayetteville market. I'm not so sure. I'm sure many people will stay with the local coffeeshops. But I'm sure there will be people ready to go to Starbucks. They're location at Nelson's Crossing will be well away from all the other coffeeshops and give people in that area of the city closer access to a coffeeshop.

I've heard people predicting Starbucks won't do too well in the Fayetteville market. I'm not so sure. I'm sure many people will stay with the local coffeeshops. But I'm sure there will be people ready to go to Starbucks. They're location at Nelson's Crossing will be well away from all the other coffeeshops and give people in that area of the city closer access to a coffeeshop.

I think Starbucks will d o very well in NWA in general.

I would think they'd do good if they build them with drive-thru's. I'm pretty sure none of the Arsegas in Fayetteville (which pretty much dominates the Fay coffeeshop market I think) have a drive-thru.

I think Starbucks will d o very well in NWA in general.

Ditto, especially with that large business population.

Business People are very lazy and enjoy buying expensive coffee, believe me. :D

I always thought it was crazy Starbucks wasn't in Fayetteville because of the large college population.

Ditto, especially with that large business population.

Business People are very lazy and enjoy buying expensive coffee, believe me. :D

I always thought it was crazy Starbucks wasn't in Fayetteville because of the large college population.

I think it was only 3 or 4 years ago when asked about building a freestanding location in LR Starbuck's said they had no interest in building one in Arkansas at all. A year later there was one on Chenal and another one on Cantrell soon after. I agree, I think a college town is perfect because some students will sit there for hours and waste their parents' money on high priced coffee. Benton Co was lacking coffee shops and there is enough disposable income there it was a natural fit.

Sometimes the algorithms these companies use to decide where to open new stores make little sense.

I think it was only 3 or 4 years ago when asked about building a freestanding location in LR Starbuck's said they had no interest in building one in Arkansas at all. A year later there was one on Chenal and another one on Cantrell soon after. I agree, I think a college town is perfect because some students will sit there for hours and waste their parents' money on high priced coffee. Benton Co was lacking coffee shops and there is enough disposable income there it was a natural fit.

Sometimes the algorithms these companies use to decide where to open new stores make little sense.

Yeah I've mentioned this before but Arkansas was one of the very last states for them to move to. It almost just seems like they don't like the state or something. Maybe they watched too many episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies or something.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone's been on Pleasant Grove Road lately, but there's a building going up in Tuscany Square that looks like the Walgreens across the street, except it's in the same style as Tuscany Square.

Oh and the Starbucks sign is up. :P

Maybe that's a Target. :D

Nope its a walgreens, or at least I hope it is since tha is what the large sign on the building says.

Ah... I thought Matt said the new building looks like the Walgreens across the street. I thought he meant there was 2 buildings that look like Walgreens.

• 2 weeks later...

The signs are all over the Starbucks now and the drive through even as a sign. Also, Cindy's Nails is now advertising that it will be open soon there, although which spot is not visible.

Not sure if I read it right, but one of the units on the right side of the main structure appears to be for a framing shop.

The signs are all over the Starbucks now and the drive through even as a sign. Also, Cindy's Nails is now advertising that it will be open soon there, although which spot is not visible.

Not sure if I read it right, but one of the units on the right side of the main structure appears to be for a framing shop.

Yeah, as I remember a Frame Shop will be opening up there, not sure on the name.

The Starbucks has outside tables and chairs now and was getting work done inside at 9 this evening. They look like they want to be up and running within a couple of weeks at most.

Also, Scott Framing and Art has an illuminated sign over their location now.

What happened to the movie theatre that was supposed to be going in at Pleasant Crossing? THe original sign said it would open Fall of 2005...now I don't even see a sign? Anybody know what's up??

I admit I'm not up on all the Benton County developments. But as an overall trend it seems many developments aren't being done on the original timetable listed.

What happened to the movie theatre that was supposed to be going in at Pleasant Crossing? THe original sign said it would open Fall of 2005...now I don't even see a sign? Anybody know what's up??

I believe the Pleasant Crossing IMAX Malco will open with the Lifestyle Center in the fall of 2007. At least that's the last I heard.

I believe the Pleasant Crossing IMAX Malco will open with the Lifestyle Center in the fall of 2007. At least that's the last I heard.

Is it still going to be an IMAX? I thought the IMAX had been dropped for the time being.

^

The Movie Theatre is on hold right now. Malco is waiting to see how it's Promenade Theatre and Scottsdale Theatre perform in the near future. It could be past 2008 before we see this thing coming.

The more I think about it Bentonville is the only major city in NWA that doesn't have a movie theatre... even Bella Vista has a theatre. Maybe they should open a Malco in Bentonville.

The more I think about it Bentonville is the only major city in NWA that doesn't have a movie theatre... even Bella Vista has a theatre. Maybe they should open a Malco in Bentonville.

There's something else I hadn't really realized. Yeah you'd think instead of three possible locations in Rogers that maybe they would consider one for Bentonville. But then again one is rather close to the Bentonville city limit. Maybe it's best to try to look at the two cities together rather than two seperate entities.

Archived