High Rise Development in NWA

mcheiss

I think this would be a great topic, seeing as how we are an Urban affiliated forum, to list the "skyscrappers" planned or under construction for NWA.

I'll start with some of mine:

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 9 Floors Rogers

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: Unknown Floors Rogers

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers

I'll let some of the Fayetteville posters get the Fayetteville Skyscrapers.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think many of us may have already heard about the ones here in Fayetteville.

Renaissance Tower/mixed-use hotel condos/16-18 stories depending on what the city allows

Lofts at Underwood Plaza/mixed-use condos/9 stories

Legacy Building/mixed-use condos/6 stories

Then there's the others that are either still in the planning stages or are trying to get approved by the city.

Divinity Building/mixed-use hotel condos/15 stories

Bellafont development/possible two 16 story condo buildings along with two 10 story office buildings

I read somewhere today about the barber group building a sixteen story or two on joyce.

Yes Tim, that is the Bellafont Phase 2. 2-16 story condo buildings, and 2-10 or 12 story office buildings. As well as dozens of other 1-2 story offices and restaurants.

Yes Tim, that is the Bellafont Phase 2. 2-16 story condo buildings, and 2-10 or 12 story office buildings. As well as dozens of other 1-2 story offices and restaurants.

I hadn't thought about this bnefore but that sounds like it would take up a lot of space. I wonder how much available room is left over on Joyce.

I hadn't thought about this bnefore but that sounds like it would take up a lot of space. I wonder how much available room is left over on Joyce.

It is a pretty good chunk of land there, I would guess around 20 acres. Also, directly across the street there is another nice sized parcel of land. While viewing the plan for Bellafont, I noticed that that this lot across the street said Proctor and Gamble development. I had heard a few times that P&G were going to build a new office on Joyce, and from what I have heard it is going to be large. But I don't know when they are going to do this. Although since most of the other buildings in the area are going to be taller, I would have to guess that this one will be as well.

It is a pretty good chunk of land there, I would guess around 20 acres. Also, directly across the street there is another nice sized parcel of land. While viewing the plan for Bellafont, I noticed that that this lot across the street said Proctor and Gamble development. I had heard a few times that P&G were going to build a new office on Joyce, and from what I have heard it is going to be large. But I don't know when they are going to do this. Although since most of the other buildings in the area are going to be taller, I would have to guess that this one will be as well.

Yeah I've heard talk of P&G moving to Joyce also. I haven't heard anything concrete yet. Not sure if it's final or if they are still considering it.

I think this would be a great topic, seeing as how we are an Urban affiliated forum, to list the "skyscrappers" planned or under construction for NWA.

I'll start with some of mine:

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 9 Floors Rogers

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: Unknown Floors Rogers

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers

I'll let some of the Fayetteville posters get the Fayetteville Skyscrapers.

I personally think this is a great topic, do you know when any of these are suppose to be built, or is there a time frame on any of these? Also, I hear about the Myer's Ranch development about a year ago, but haven't heard about it in quite awhile, so what is the word on that development?

I think many of us may have already heard about the ones here in Fayetteville.

Renaissance Tower/mixed-use hotel condos/16-18 stories depending on what the city allows

Lofts at Underwood Plaza/mixed-use condos/9 stories

Legacy Building/mixed-use condos/6 stories

Then there's the others that are either still in the planning stages or are trying to get approved by the city.

Divinity Building/mixed-use hotel condos/15 stories

Bellafont development/possible two 16 story condo buildings along with two 10 story office buildings

Fayetteville is slowly ruining any "high rise" potential once had. In an article in the times today they were considering a 6 story height limit on anything zoned C-3 in Fayetteville. (Large Portion). If the city council is going to lose it over a 15 story building there are some serious problems with the mindset downtown or what they should refer to as Main St., thats sounds like more of what they are going for. Now I wish the Barber group would just go to Rogers, atleast someone would be able to enjoy these projects once complete.

Fayetteville is slowly ruining any "high rise" potential once had. In an article in the times today they were considering a 6 story height limit on anything zoned C-3 in Fayetteville. (Large Portion). If the city council is going to lose it over a 15 story building there are some serious problems with the mindset downtown or what they should refer to as Main St., thats sounds like more of what they are going for. Now I wish the Barber group would just go to Rogers, atleast someone would be able to enjoy these projects once complete.

I also read the article and once again I am VERY unhappy with these city council members. The only thing I can see them doing is driving development away from the city, and causing the city to build outward instead of upward - more sprawl! I thought this whole downtown master plan was to bring growth and more residences to the downtown area. This seems to be the way they started out last year by approving the Ren. tower and Legacy buildings for example. I don't want to loose more developments to Rogers and Bentonville.

Let's see if I can get this post off. I seem to be having lots of troubles with UP today. Anyway I am getting the impression there are two 'schools' of though among city officials. At the moment the seemingly anti-development seem to be winning. Perhpas anti-development isn't the best word. But with the way things are gojng I do agree the city will have to rely more on sprawl and spreading outward. Although I've gotten the impression these height restrictions may not be set in concrete. I think it may still be possible to get developments over the restriction. But I certainly won't go as far as saying it will be easy either. I can understand where they are coming from. Overall it's not that I'm against having height restrictions, I just think they have things set way too low. I don't see there being that many parts of the city where a 10-15 story building is going to totally ruin the whole area. Just my opinion.

I personally think this is a great topic, do you know when any of these are suppose to be built, or is there a time frame on any of these? Also, I hear about the Myer's Ranch development about a year ago, but haven't heard about it in quite awhile, so what is the word on that development?

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers, should be completed by the end of next year

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers, should be completed by early this year or beginning of next year

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 9 Floors Rogers, should be complete in 2008

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers, unknown

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers, 2008-2010

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: Unknown Floors Rogers, not announced

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers, planning commission has approved of it, but no word on construction. If I had to guess, I'd say construction will start this summer.

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville, should be completed by 2010+

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville, should be done in 2008

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers, unknown.

Let's see if I can get this post off. I seem to be having lots of troubles with UP today. Anyway I am getting the impression there are two 'schools' of though among city officials. At the moment the seemingly anti-development seem to be winning. Perhpas anti-development isn't the best word. But with the way things are gojng I do agree the city will have to rely more on sprawl and spreading outward. Although I've gotten the impression these height restrictions may not be set in concrete. I think it may still be possible to get developments over the restriction. But I certainly won't go as far as saying it will be easy either. I can understand where they are coming from. Overall it's not that I'm against having height restrictions, I just think they have things set way too low. I don't see there being that many parts of the city where a 10-15 story building is going to totally ruin the whole area. Just my opinion.

I do agree with what you have said. I am actually against any kind of building height restriction, but then again I know that no one is going to come in and try to build a 40+ stroy building on Dickson street. I just have no problem at all with 15-20 or so stories, and I don't think that the city has a good enough arguement against them. Considering the amount of tax money they can bring in while saving space. Also, the 6 story limit is in C-3 zoning is a joke. If you are going to put a limit at least make it 10-15. But, I have not heard what the limits are on C-4, unless that was the 12 story height they had mentioned about buildings in the immediate square area.

As time goes by and new people are elected, they can change these ordinances. So I don't think that this ordeal will last more than a few years. I hope... :(

I do agree with what you have said. I am actually against any kind of building height restriction, but then again I know that no one is going to come in and try to build a 40+ stroy building on Dickson street. I just have no problem at all with 15-20 or so stories, and I don't think that the city has a good enough arguement against them. Considering the amount of tax money they can bring in while saving space. Also, the 6 story limit is in C-3 zoning is a joke. If you are going to put a limit at least make it 10-15. But, I have not heard what the limits are on C-4, unless that was the 12 story height they had mentioned about buildings in the immediate square area.

As time goes by and new people are elected, they can change these ordinances. So I don't think that this ordeal will last more than a few years. I hope... :(

Yeah I do see your point. The reason I don't mind having at least some sort of height restriction is just being able to control certain aspects. But as you said it's not too likely someone will come by and build a 40 story building. But there is that chance. I got the impression if the Barber Group had no opposition they would go with more than a 15 story building on Dickson. But for better or worse things will change. Someone has mentioned the city council being more pro business in the past. As the area continues to grow I think people will have to look more seriously to building upward in Fayetteville whether they like it or not. I'd just prefer to start doing it more now than later.

^^

I think they should knock down all those old crappy tall buildings in Fayetteville and let the city of Rogers build all the tall buildings. I personally think Fayetteville looks better with the shorter, classic Fayetteville buildings. Pinnacle Hills is better suited for highrises as it is a much more modern area and doesn't have the historic significance that Fayetteville has.

^^

I think they should knock down all those old crappy tall buildings in Fayetteville and let the city of Rogers build all the tall buildings. I personally think Fayetteville looks better with the shorter, classic Fayetteville buildings. Pinnacle Hills is better suited for highrises as it is a much more modern area and doesn't have the historic significance that Fayetteville has.

:rofl:

Well-put, my thoughts exactly.

i dont understand, build in springdale where the new stadium will be, its the perfect area, the central part of nw arkansas, right next to the freeway, and 412, one of the most important roads leading to tulsa, it would make so much sense, besides, its time springdale got something besides a new mexican restaurant or a stip mall,

i dont understand, build in springdale where the new stadium will be, its the perfect area, the central part of nw arkansas, right next to the freeway, and 412, one of the most important roads leading to tulsa, it would make so much sense, besides, its time springdale got something besides a new mexican restaurant or a stip mall,

I'm sure the new stadium will spur on more development. But for the moment being somewhat close to the center of the metro is one of the few advantages Springdale has. The way the city has grown because of the way the city allowed past development doesn't make Springdale high up on a lot of people's lists.

Big things will come on that land my frined, we just have to wait.

I say let the building be built in downtown Fayetteville. The Downtown has so much culture and life to it, it makes since to allow a 15 Floor Building, even if it is on Dixon. The city is stupid for proposing a 6 Floor Celing height on all C-3 Downtown land. If anything, make a cap around 20 Floors, so that way you can spur healthy development that isn't to tall and not an eye sore. Plus, doesn't the city make money off of developments with property taxes and such?

Big things will come on that land my frined, we just have to wait.

I say let the building be built in downtown Fayetteville. The Downtown has so much culture and life to it, it makes since to allow a 15 Floor Building, even if it is on Dixon. The city is stupid for proposing a 6 Floor Celing height on all C-3 Downtown land. If anything, make a cap around 20 Floors, so that way you can spur healthy development that isn't to tall and not an eye sore. Plus, doesn't the city make money off of developments with property taxes and such?

Now if I'm understanding things correctly we aren't putting a 6 story cap on all the downtown. This will refer to everything outside the downtown area. But the area of downtown where you can build higher isn't particularly big. I'll have to look through my older posts to see what exactly the limits area. I can't recall all of them. At the time there were several different heights around the downtown area. But as I said before I think this recent news is for the rest of the city not in the downtown area. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived