High Rise Development in NWA

mcheiss

Now if I'm understanding things correctly we aren't putting a 6 story cap on all the downtown. This will refer to everything outside the downtown area. But the area of downtown where you can build higher isn't particularly big. I'll have to look through my older posts to see what exactly the limits area. I can't recall all of them. At the time there were several different heights around the downtown area. But as I said before I think this recent news is for the rest of the city not in the downtown area. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems like it means all C-3 zoning (which would include Bellafont on Joyce), but I don't know if the city is that crazy...I hope. I do remember some sort of 12 story maximum for the immediate downtown area. I don't recall if this came before or during the rest of the height ordinance. I think it was quite a few months ago though.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete List of Towers planned for NWA:

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 7 Floors Rogers

Medical Professions Building: 9 Floors Rogers

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 1(Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 2 (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: 20+ Floors Rogers

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers

Legacy Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Lofts at Underwood Plaza: 9 Floors Fayetteville

Renaissance Tower: 18 Floors Fayetteville

Divinity Development: Unknow Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 1: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 2: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 3: 10 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 4: 10 Floors Fayetteville

The Dickson: 6 Floors Fayetteville

The Lindsay Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Coose Hollow Condo Tower 1: 15 Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Coose Hollow Condo Towers 2-7: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Grandview Heights Unknown amount of Towers: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Great list Matt! Just wanted to remind you that it's two 16-story towers in proposed status by the Pinnacle Group. It's listed that way at www.emporis.com.

Ah thanks, the last I heard, they were only going to do one. These towers will be a while, the Pinnacle Reps. I've spoken to have said that it could be 2009 until these get started, simply because they want the Perry Road Interchange and Reconfiguration done as infastructure.

I messed up again, the 9 story building is the Medical Professions Building that's suppose to be right next to it. It will include doctors from all field of study. I'll make the changes.

Oh, I didn't even know they were going to build a "professions Building" next to it... I try to keep up with development, but it seems like I just can't keep up.

Oh, I didn't even know they were going to build a "professions Building" next to it... I try to keep up with development, but it seems like I just can't keep up.

I don't think there's any one person who can keep track of every development going on in NWA... it's dizzying. :D

I heard the proposed Proctor & Gamble building is supposed to be around 5 to 6 stories, as well as the commerce building by Dixie, it is 5 I believe. The P&G complex is going to be brought up for LSD at the next council meeting.

Thanks Cellar, I have not heard anything about what P & G was going to do. I know they are spliting part of the land off on the site to build a two story office building for someone.

Some more info on the Mr tux building was in the Times this morning. 6 story mixed use development. It was originally 8 but when Collin Haynes was notified of the new height restrictions he lowered it to 6. All glass exterior with setbacks at the 2nd and 4th floors. I thought someone on here had seen the pics before?

Very Interesting in that it does not have to go in front of the PC. Less than one acre does not require discussion. For example the Legacy building. Also, it was interesting to hear that multiple property owners with less than one acre have approached the PC for 6 story buildings on less than one acre around Dickson. We will all see what unfolds.

Dickson St is going to look crazy :shok:

Some more info on the Mr tux building was in the Times this morning. 6 story mixed use development. It was originally 8 but when Collin Haynes was notified of the new height restrictions he lowered it to 6. All glass exterior with setbacks at the 2nd and 4th floors. I thought someone on here had seen the pics before?

Very Interesting in that it does not have to go in front of the PC. Less than one acre does not require discussion. For example the Legacy building. Also, it was interesting to hear that multiple property owners with less than one acre have approached the PC for 6 story buildings on less than one acre around Dickson. We will all see what unfolds.

Dickson St is going to look crazy :shok:

Mr. Haynes is doing several projects up here, like Metropark.

So does that mean it has to go before the city, or are they free to get way?

Mr. Haynes is doing several projects up here, like Metropark.

So does that mean it has to go before the city, or are they free to get way?

It has to meet the Unified Development codes. If it does then yes. If it does not then it will have to go in through normal debate. Hopefully it does, quite frankly I am sick of the arguing.

Complete List of Towers planned for NWA:

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 7 Floors Rogers

Medical Professions Building: 9 Floors Rogers

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 1(Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 2 (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: 20+ Floors Rogers

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers

Legacy Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Lofts at Underwood Plaza: 9 Floors Fayetteville

Renaissance Tower: 18 Floors Fayetteville

Divinity Development: Unknow Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 1: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 2: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 3: 10 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 4: 10 Floors Fayetteville

The Dickson: 6 Floors Fayetteville

The Lindsay Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Coose Hollow Condo Tower 1: 15 Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Coose Hollow Condo Towers 2-7: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Grandview Heights Unknown amount of Towers: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Wow! Rogers and Fayetteville will both have nice skylines when all these buildings are constructed.

Most of the Rogers Buildings are situated in the same area along I-540, especially in the Pinnacle Area. Same can be said of the Fayetteville Buildings with them either being in North Fayetteville (Barber Group) or Downtown Fayetteville.

Most of the Rogers Buildings are situated in the same area along I-540, especially in the Pinnacle Area. Same can be said of the Fayetteville Buildings with them either being in North Fayetteville (Barber Group) or Downtown Fayetteville.

That's really cool! I'll have to get up that way again real soon.

Wow! Rogers and Fayetteville will both have nice skylines when all these buildings are constructed.

I have to say that as far as traditional downtown skylines Fayetteville will have the best in the years to come. Rogers downtown is a historic site with no skyline to mention. Pinnacle Hills is a business park in Southwest Rogers that so far has the only recognizable(?) skyline outside of Fayetteville.

I have to say that as far as traditional downtown skylines Fayetteville will have the best in the years to come. Rogers downtown is a historic site with no skyline to mention. Pinnacle Hills is a business park in Southwest Rogers that so far has the only recognizable(?) skyline outside of Fayetteville.

I could see Pinnacle developing a unique skyline. I realize it is focused around an interstate, but that corrider has attracted a lot of national recognition in terms of retail. The only thing I have yet to understand is how on Sunday morning at noon (Church at Pinnacle), with the new hospital open, and all of the shoppes and the promenade open, is anyone going to be able to drive? I really enjoy visiting that area of Rogers, I just think they have A LOT of traffic problems, and there not going to get better.

I could see Pinnacle developing a unique skyline. I realize it is focused around an interstate, but that corrider has attracted a lot of national recognition in terms of retail. The only thing I have yet to understand is how on Sunday morning at noon (Church at Pinnacle), with the new hospital open, and all of the shoppes and the promenade open, is anyone going to be able to drive? I really enjoy visiting that area of Rogers, I just think they have A LOT of traffic problems, and there not going to get better.

Well Perry Road is suppose to be 9 lanes at some point, along with the new Perry Road Interchange, and the 5 lane Hospital Boulevard (A.K.A. Pinnacle Promenade Road). I know that the intersections are suppose to have double and triple turn lanes.

Archived