High Rise Development in NWA

mcheiss

There was an article on MSN about ranking rents for major cities. In the article, it was also mentioning the drop-off of the condo craze and the questions about whether those would become rentals or lower the area rent prices.

The article is here: MSN Article on Rents

A ranking of the cities for rent prices is here: Priciest US Cities for Rent

I wonder where Fayetteville, or our metro area would be. 200th?

It would be hard to rank NWA since there's so many new apartment complexes and townhomes built in the last several years. I can estimate that the average rent for those alone would easily put us on the list above El Paso, TX. Given the current trend we may just make the list pretty soon.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a 12 Floor Condo Project that's going to be built near Lokomotion in Fayetteville, as well as near the NWA Mall.

Awsome, thats right on the line, but is it considered springdale or fayetteville? because alot of people have told me that locomotion is a springdale adress.

Awsome, thats right on the line, but is it considered springdale or fayetteville? because alot of people have told me that locomotion is a springdale adress.

Yeah that area confuses a lot of people. I've also had people argue that part of the NWA Mall is actually Springdale. I think what confuses people is some of that land falls under the Springdale school district. Of course I don't think anyone lives right there but taxes go to Springdale school district instead of the Fayetteville school district in part of that boundary area.

Yeah that area confuses a lot of people. I've also had people argue that part of the NWA Mall is actually Springdale. I think what confuses people is some of that land falls under the Springdale school district. Of course I don't think anyone lives right there but taxes go to Springdale school district instead of the Fayetteville school district in part of that boundary area.

Springdale starts (on the west side of College Ave) at Main street. On the east side of College S-dale begins at the Lone Star restaurant. So everything south of Main is Fayetteville until you go west about 1/2 mile on Main. Then both sides of the street become Johnson. Confusing... i know. This entire area is in the S-dale school district though. Don't ask me why, I would change it if I could.

No, Lokomotion is in Fayetteville, but this tower will be near the Springdale Country Club.

Actually I believe Lokomotion is in Springdale city limits. The Fayetteville city limits starts just across the bridge going towards the mall. Most of Lake Fayetteville is surrounded by Springdale.

No, it's in Fayetteville.

Here's the address.

Lokomotion Family Fun Center - 4520 N. College Fayetteville, AR 72703

Seems you're right. Maps24.com has Springdale city limits ending on the north side of Main Drive. It gets real confusing trying to differentiate Springdale and Johnson city limits. Must be a pain for property owners there.

Yeah it's almost like an urban myth or something but it seems so many people think much of that area is Springdale. Some people even think part or most of the mall is Springdale too. The only thing I can figure out is the school district boundary is somehow confusing a lot of people.

• 1 month later...

I guess I should add the Frisco Depot Condos to this list.

Complete List of Towers planned for NWA:

Westin Hotel & Condos: 22 Floors Rogers

Embassy Suites Expansion: 6 Floors Rogers

Holiday Inn: 6 Floors Rogers

Mercy Level 1 Trauma Center: 7 Floors Rogers

Medical Professions Building: 9 Floors Rogers

Unamed Office Tower off Hudson Rd: 10 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 1(Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Pinnacle Mixed Used Tower 2 (Proposed): 16 Floors Rogers

Barber Group Hotel off New Hope Rd: 20+ Floors Rogers

Myer's Ranch Multi-use development (2-3) 12 stories Rogers

Bentonville Plaza: 2-3 8-9 Floors Bentonville

Superior Building: 4 Floors, but possibly the largest building in NWA floor wise Bentonville

Pleasant Crossing Mixed-use Tower 1 100,000 square feet: 10+ Floors Rogers

Legacy Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Lofts at Underwood Plaza: 9 Floors Fayetteville

Renaissance Tower: 18 Floors Fayetteville

Divinity Development: 10 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 1: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 2: 16 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 3: 10 Floors Fayetteville

Bellafont Development Tower 4: 10 Floors Fayetteville

The Dickson: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Washington Regional Medical Center Expansion 5 Floors Fayetteville

The Lindsay Building: 6 Floors Fayetteville

Coose Hollow Condo Tower 1: 15 Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Coose Hollow Condo Towers 2-7: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

Grandview Heights Unknown amount of Towers: Unknown Floors Beaver Lake Shore

University Club Tower: 12 Floors Fayetteville

Frisco Depot Condos: 9 Floors

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome everybody. My broker recently directed me to this forum. As far as where I heard the rumor about the World Trade Center 40 story tower, an acquaintance of mine told me that his boss was on the board of the group that was planning this project. Now how much of this is fact or fiction is what makes forums like this fun to read. :)

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I was recently directed to this forum by my broker. As far as where I heard the rumour about the World Trade Center 40 story tower, an aquantience of mine told me that his boss was on the board of the group that was planning this project. Now how much of this is fact or fiction is what makes forums like this fun to read. :)

I've always dreamt if I was an eccentric billionaire that owned a couple companies I'd go into an area that didn't have anything all that tall, and build a 50-60 story tower for my corporate headquarters. Just for the hell of it. I'd also always thought it'd look hilarious being the only building that size in an entire area. I guess that's why I'm not an eccentric billionaire though, I wouldn't be a billionaire for long with that mentality.

Archived