High Rise Development in NWA

mcheiss

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone else notice that only one of the builings exceeds 16 stories. i dont understand that, i want to see some 20-30 story buildings. Like the 2 Pinnacle mixed use towers proposed. Why not instead of making 2 16 story buildings, make 1 32 story building?

If all the density in NWA is built vertically right now there won't be enough density to create the energy around the high-rises to support them. I'm not sure tall buildings in the middle of an asphalt parking lot and a 5-lane road blend well with the concept of mixed use and walkable communities. The tall buildings seem to come as an infill solution after the land has been developed. Someday NWA may be there but right now there's not fast enough growth to fill multiple high-rises. It's about time for one of the Arvest reports to be released so that we can get an update on vacancy rates for houses and offices in Washington and Benton Counties.

Archived