Let's get a Zoo

MadVlad

One thing that I've always thought the Hartford area lacked was a Zoo. I forgot to include it on my poll that I posted a while back, but I really think it would add a real spark to the area. It doesn't even need to be in the city proper, they could put it in South Windsor, or Rocky Hill, or Bloomfield or wherever. What do you guys think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Hartford should be incorporated into Hartford. I could see why West Hartford wouldn't want to be considered Hartford, but East Hartford really has no excuse. With East Hartford, the city would have a populaton close to 200,000.

East Hartford should be incorporated into Hartford. I could see why West Hartford wouldn't want to be considered Hartford, but East Hartford really has no excuse. With East Hartford, the city would have a populaton close to 200,000.

West Hartford landwise would be a great fit for Hartford, but you like you said East Hartford would be more likely.

Well let's suppose that everything falls into place and Hartford again become a national city with POSITIVE name recognition. I think that would play a large role in convincing any town to merge with us. Honestly, it's not necessary for us to be successful. We just need to get the region to act as one, easier to do as one large city, but I still think it can be done if we implement some regional solutions to government.

I think you underestimate the ego's of city officials. West Hartford would never in a million years allow themselves to be part of Hartford, and East Hartford, for all it's problems probably wouldn't either. It's a shame too, it would definitely help the area out immensely....

I don't think it will ever happen either. We just need to work and get a cohesive plan for regional growth in place and have REAL inter-town partnerships. This competition amongst the cities of our own region is really really stifling growth here.

I don't think it will ever happen either. We just need to work and get a cohesive plan for regional growth in place and have REAL inter-town partnerships. This competition amongst the cities of our own region is really really stifling growth here.

Yeah annexation is prertty much a dead issue here in this state.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived